Chapter 12: trust

Chapter 12: trust

After the encounter with my ex I wanted nothing more than to sit in silence listening to the melancholy hum produced by the radio, however Christian seamed rather interested in the previous mystery that was Peter Smith. After a few grunts and sounds of disapproval I gave up pretending that I didn't want to tell him everything about the man I despised so much and so I told him. I babbled and shouted and spoke so quietly it could be mistaken as a whisper and to my surprise he listened; nodding, agreeing and questioning as though it was the most intriguing thing happening around him. It wasn't.

Now we sit inside the plus white jet facing each other. Christians taking notes off his laptop on the table in between us, his lips mouthing the words as he reads through what ever important paper he is surfing through.

"Anastasia, may I help you" his dark eyes remain fixed on the laptop before him but a smirk paints its way onto his face.

"Uhh no. I'm fine" I stammer and look out the window. We had been in the air for about an hour now and the lack of conversation was starting to kill me. "So, do you have any exes?" I asked.

"Of course but none are psycho like yours" he says in an extremely dry tone.

"He's not psycho" I retort.

Actually.....

"Anyway. Can we talk?" I change the topic and at once he closes his laptop and leans back in his chair.

"Shoot" he watches me.

"Why are you doing all this for me?" I furrow my eyebrows as he starts to chuckle.

"Because Anastasia I need a favour off you but before I can ask I need you to trust me" he leans forward resting his hands on his knees.

"Do you trust me?"

**********
Sorry I've been so inactiveeeeee ahhhhhh. But i have got loads of ideas and am bursting with excitement to type moreeeeeee