Salt - Charlie

I was sitting in my local cafe/small restaurant. It was raining outside and I had originally came here to meet some friends, but they were a no show. Then it started raining, so I thought I'd sit and let it pass. Luckily, I brought my sketchbook and a good book to ready just in case. The cafe was quiet, very few people were sat in, the sun was going down as the rain continued to relentlessly hit the windows. 

''Excuse me love'' a voice piped up. I turned around and in the booth behind me was a boy around my age, with the bluest eyes. 

''Yeah?" I asked. 

''Could you pass the salt please?" He asked. ''My table doesn't seem to have any and I don't want to disturb the waitress''. I could see his point, the waitress had been busy all day and was clearly tired. 

''Sure'' I replied as I lent across the table to hand him the salt. ''Here you go'' 

''Thank you'' he replied as he grabbed the salt, I felt his hand brush across mine.  He never spoke to me again after that, he just kept glancing up at me as he ate. There was something comforting about his presence, I turned away and continued doing what I was doing, but I couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes watching me. 

Soon enough, he payed his bill and left which left me in the cafe alone. I shortly left after as it was getting late, already making plans to return here tomorrow.

---------- THE NEXT DAY --------

I returned back to my booth, the sun was out and was shining through the blinds. Today was going to be a good day - hopefully. 

Throughout the morning the bell on the door frequently went off, alerting the staff that a new customer was present. Majority of the time it was drivers stopping off for a mug of tea or coffee before hitting the road again. My mind was concentrating on my Chinese studies when a voice interrupted me, which annoyed me at first but when I realised who it was I immediately calmed down. 

''Hey love'' It was the boy with blue eyes again ''Could you pass me the salt again, please'' he said with a chuckle. I nod and go to pass him the salt, then he slides into the booth opposite me. ''You don't mind do you?" I shook my head smiling. 

why would I? I thought, he was cute, blonde hair, blue eyes and a beautiful smile. 

''By the way, the name is Charlie'' he said handing out his hand.  I shook it smiling, ''I'm y/n.'' 

''Pretty name, for beautiful girl.'' I rolled my eyes at the cheesy line which caused him to burst out laughing. ''what you studying'' he asked as he started to tuck into his food. 

''Spoken Chinese - Mandarin'' I say putting down my book making sure that I had marked my pages. 

''I've been there a few times, it's a nice country. Perhaps I should take you sometime.''

''I'd like that''.