Charlie - Roses

I was busy at home having a movie marathon, the usual Friday night activity with popcorn, cans of soda and chocolate. Then I got a knock at the door. I groaned since I didn't want to leave the warm blanket and comfy couch. When I opened the door, there was no one there. That's when I noticed a bouquet of roses on the floor. White roses - my favourite roses. I knelt, picked them up and smelt them. 

Walking back inside the house, I placed them in a jug of water then went back to my movie marathon. That's when my phone buzzed 

(C for Charlie, Y for You)

C: Hey x

Y: Hello x

C: WYD? x

Y: Nothing much, but I just got roses. :/

After I sent that message there was no reply. I decided to ignore it since it was nothing new. Charlie would usually stop texting at random. 

__Time Skip___

The next Friday, Charlie came over and we watched the ''Maze Runner''. Halfway through the movie Charlie stood up and said ''I'm gonna go to the bathroom''. Then he left the living room with a smile. 

Again there was a knock at the door, and again I groaned. This time there was a delivery boy from a flower company. He was holding white roses. 

''Y/n?'' 

''Yeah..?'' I said awkwardly. 

''These are for you.'' and he thrusted the roses into my hands and then jogged back to his van. I took the flowers into the kitchen, just as Charlie came out of the bathroom. 

''Who was at the door?'' Charlie asked. I didn't reply but just pointed to the flowers on the counter. 

''Secret admirer?" 

At this point I was getting irritated, all I wanted to do was watch a movie.  ''Ask the dude who keeps sending them.'' Once the movie ended, I decided to tell Charlie about the roses. But before I could begin he turned around and said ''Actually I have to go.'' 

__ Time Skip__

It seemed like Charlie was coming around every Friday - making me suspicious. Charlie wasn't the only thing that was coming every Friday, but so were the roses. At first, they creeped me out, but now it seemed sweet how someone would spend a little money on a bouquet of flowers and send them me. As if on cue the doorbell rang, on the other side of Charlie. 

''Popcorn?'' I asked, making room for him to come in. 
''With butter" He replied jumping onto the couch. I was putting the popcorn in the microwave when the doorbell rang. I jogged to the door and again it was the same delivery boy, with the same bouquet of flowers. However this time, there was a note. 

I hope you like the roses. Have you figured out yet? If I need clues... just put this note on your doorstep with 'clues please'. Have a nice day. 

Charlie was sitting there staring but I brushed it off. ''Any luck?'' He called over. I stood and shook my head. While the note was in my hand, I put the flowers with the others and wrote on the back of the note Clues Please and placed the note on the doorstep. Soon Charlie had to go. When I closed the door, it looked like he was going to pick up the note, however, he was only tying up his shoelace. 

__

On the following Monday morning, I got another knock at the door. No one was there, just a note on the floor. 

Clue 1) I have 2 A's in my name. First is the 3rd letter of my first name. The second is the second to last letter in my surname. 

Clue 2) 7 Letters in my first name. 7 in my surname. 

Need more? Do the same as before. 

''So specific'' I thought to myself before setting the note outside the door. I started to think about the clues and I wrote them on a piece of paper. Charlie let himself into the house since the door was left open. ''We gonna be late for school.''

I gave him a death glare ''Charl, we don't have school this week.'' He made no attempt to reply. He then walked to the couch and threw himself into it. ''Whatcha wanna watch?'' 

''Moana'' I said sitting next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. I took a mini nap. It was about 2 in the afternoon when I woke up, in Charlie's lap. I looked up and Charlie was also asleep. It was adorable.  A knock on the door disturbed this moment of bliss. Roses. The same delivery guy, the same routine. Just as I put the roses down, Charlie left. 

___

Charlie came over the next morning. As I opened the door he gave a piece of paper. ''What is this?" I asked. 

He shrugged ''It was on your step'' 

I opened it

It's me. Surprise!!! "

I smiled. Typical Charlie.  I wrapped my arms around his arms and kissed his lips ''Thank you for the roses''

'for you... anything'' He said.