Responsible

"Peter! What is it going to take for you to start taking this Stanford University thing serious?!" Peter's mother yelled as we both sat idly on the couch while she ranted.

I looked off to the side so I so I wouldn't have to look at her directly because Mrs. Kavinsky was a scary person when she was angry.

Peter looked over at me with his eyes bugged out.

"Peter! Are you listening to a thing I have to say?!" His mother yelled again as he nodded but I honestly think he wasn't paying her much mind. Especially since he was days away from his eighteenth birthday and she really couldn't do much more, he was fixing to be an adult.

"This is ridiculous!" Mrs. Kavinsky spat when she saw him paying more attention to me than her.

"Camreigh, I need you to go home please just for a little while..." she said with her hands on her hips.

It caught me off guard I didn't even do anything to her.... and Peter got upset about it.

"What? No! She doesn't have to!" Peter smarted off.

"Really Peter, It's okay" I said touching his shoulder when he gave me this mortifying look. Like he wanted me to stay and take the yelling with him, but his mother was clearly aggravated at us both and me being here was making it worse.

"Peter let her go home! It would be nice for a change to have a conversation with my son without his girlfriend being present everytime" she spat angrily.

I wouldn't admit it to Mrs. Kavinsky but she hurt my feelings by saying that.

Peter looked at me with anguish in his eyes, after his mother had said that... I could tell he didn't blame me now for trying to leave.. she was being way to harsh on him (us) he was graduating in a couple of weeks, and he accepted the ride to college so whatever was troubling her was just something she must have had bottled up for awhile.

"Okay....." he said pulling my hand as I turned to leave. "I love you" Peter said, when I glanced at Mrs. Kavinsky who was to furriated to listen to our mush.

"I love you too" I said back and quickly darted for the door to get out of there before she started yelling again.

When I got to the end of the driveway i saw Sophia walking up with her backpack, school must have just let out and she had just got off the bus.

I was upset and it was visible she asked me right away.

"Hey, hey! What's wrong?" She said stopping me as I tried to pass her.

"Your mom...." I said when Sophia gave me a confused look.

Until she heard Mrs. Kavinsky, "oh...." she said making a wierd face.

"I take it she wasn't happy about yall skipping?" She said when i shook my head.

"I don't know what her deal is... he's fixing to graduate seniors always skip" she said as I agreed with her, but it wasn't just that his mother was being so hateful towards me.... for no reason it really had me upset.

"Well, um I better head home... I'm sure my dad is waiting on me now..." I said rolling my eyes and dreading the whole walk home.

"Okay, text me later.. I'll come over and bring you the assignments." She smiled.

"Thanks" I replied as I drug my feet home.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

When I walked in my dad was sitting in front of the t.v. as always as I plopped down on the couch.

I waited for him to say something but he didn't so I brung it up myself.