Sympathize

"I'm sorry maybe I shouldn't have said anything" Peter expressed seeing as to how Sophia's reaction to a harmless kiss had caused all of this.

"No, it would have probably been brought up sooner or later. At school or otherwise...." I said feeling really bad for what had happened between Sophia and I. We had never really fought before, but neither one of us had ever dated anyone either so maybe the fact I was growing up faster than she was, and experiencing things without her was making her feel left out.. and the fact it was her brother after all.

"Do you want to talk about it......?" Peter asked referring to last nights kiss. It was inevitable that it needed to be brought up out in the open but I was scared.

I shook my head no, and changed the subject.

The rest of the day was pretty bleak after he dropped me off back at home.

~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~

A Week Later CAMREIGH POV:

This had been the longest week of my life. Sophia still wasn't speaking to me and Peter was doing everything in his power to get me to talk to him.

Biology class was Awkward, since I started giving Peter the cold shoulder for no reason other than I was scared to hurt Sophia's feelings anymore than I had.

I missed her, up until here recently her and I were inseparable now it was like we were on two different parts of the world, colliding into eachother like a asteroid heading straight for earth.

I felt bad for treating Peter this way because he didn't do anything to deserve it, but that didn't stop him from trying to get my attention. In Biology he passed me notes even if they didn't get an answer. He volunteered for extra school work just to be able to see me a little bit longer each day and texted me everyday just hoping that I would respond but I didn't.

We were in Mr. Harris's Biology class when the bell rang. Peter waited for me outside the hall and pulled me aside.

"What?" I asked in a rush to get to the bus, "will you talk to me please?" ...
"Why are you upset at me? What did I do?" He asked pleading for an answer.

I shook my head "nothing.. you did nothing Peter" I said with sincerity, as his big brown eyes looked at me.
"Then why are you avoiding me?" He asked, I could tell him a million reasons why but I only came up with one.

"Because I don't know what to do next...." I said as I brushed past him to get on the bus.

●●●●●○○○●●●●●●●●○○○●●●●●●○○○○●●●

Peter and Sophia Conversation:

Our parents were gone so it was just Sophia and I which was good because it was the perfect opportunity to break the silence between us.

I found her down in the kitchen reading a book and eating a snack. So I took a seat across from her and stared at her annoyingly until she looked up at me and mumbled.

"What!?" She gasped taking her eyes off of her book. "Talk to me!" He said being apologetic about the situation. "I don't have anything to say to you!" She snapped back, there was that fiesty mean Kavinsky blood coming through her hard shell exterior.

"Yeah you do. Come on just tell me what you need to get off your chest so we can talk this out." I said pleading with her to give me a chance to talk to her.

"Fine, I am mad at you just as much as her! No pissed because you don't deserve someone like her! Not if she is gonna get treated the same as every other girl you've fondled with until you've had enough of them to move on to the next girl!" She yelled letting me have it.

I let her completely finish before I spoke."are you finished?" I asked as she panted from yelling so much but shook her head. "Can I say something now?" I asked politely hoping she wouldn't bite my head off anymore.

She shook her head and took a drink of her milk she had in front of her.

"I know my track record isn't great but that doesn't mean I'm gonna treat Camreigh the same as the others! Did you ever stop and think maybe I did, do actually like her.... that's why I've been fighting so hard to get her to talk to me or you to forgive her so we can work past this...."  I said pleading as she shook her head no.

"See you don't know me as well as you think you do Sophia! I'm not just a stupid jock! I am capable of having feelings!" I said getting upset.

"I'm sorry.... but Camreigh is literally all I have and if you take that friendship away then who am i?..... I dont have anybody else...." she said getting upset, so I moved closer to her and consoled her. It was actually the first moment since we were kids the two of us had actually had a heart to heart with one another.

"Why is the idea of me dating a friend so upsetting to you?....." I asked bluntly because she was upset beyond reason.

"Because she has liked you since forever and I never thought you would like her back.... I thought I don't know ... that the two of us would have our firsts together" she said faking a smile until what she said clicked inside of my brain and I had to do a double take.

"Wait Camreigh has liked me this whole time?" I gasped when Sophia shook her head and laughed a little. "You really had no idea? It was so obvious!" She said as I shook my head like an idiot.

"Wow...." she said, when I put the focus back on her. "Look, you two have a special friendship that I dont think can ever be replaced sis... but you also need to remember your growing up and sometimes people grow faster in life than the other and they dont mean to leave you behind it just happens sometimes but you need to cut her some slack and talk to her...." he said being more of a big brother to me than he had ever been before. I shook my head and told him thanks when he gave me a side hug.

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

"Now that you don't hate me as much would you be mad if I asked Camreigh to the homecoming dance?" I said cautiously with a fearful facial expression.

She rolled her eyes but agreed.

"Sure... as long as it's tasteful!" She said making me laugh. she was so much like our mother it was pathetic...

"Now what did you have in mind?" She asked as I gave her my game plan for to do it during our Lacrosse game tomorrow night.