There's No Place Like Home

Peter POV

I started Jamming out to my radio, turning the volume up as loud as I could stand it to try and keep my mind off of the rest of the drive.

I was exhausted but I wasn't going to let myself fall asleep this close to home.

I had ten miles left til I would finally be home with my sweet Camreigh and the anticipation was starting to drive me crazy.

I caught myself occasionally glance over at my phone to see Camreigh's impatient cute texts. They brought a smile to face knowing she was so excited to see me.

A month had been long enough and I honestly didn't know what I would do if we hadn't of gotten this three day Fall break, I needed to see her in a bad way.

With the stress of school and my personal life overwhelming my every thought here lately, surely this would brighten up the dark cloud that seemed to hover over me without her near me everyday.

The only thing that made me feel bad about being so excited to see the girl I loved so much was the undoubtedly cruel betrayal I had caused by letting myself fall into Lara Jean's lap the first chance I got drunk.

I didn't want to tell her and ruin our much needed time together this weekend but if I didn't the guilt was going to eat me alive.

I can't justify my wrong doings, I can only be open and honest and try my best to beg for her forgiveness if that was even an option after I inevitably hurt her more than she ever deserved.

I knew if I wanted a chance to even try and save the relationship the two of us have strived so hard to make work for nearly a year, honesty was the only way I could do that, I just had to find the best time to do it.

When I got five miles til I reached home, I sent everyone a heads up that I was close.

Just as I was going to sit my phone back down I got a unexpected text from Kyle of all people.

What did he mean by that? I thought to myself surely it could wait until later.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Camreigh POV

I waited patiently for Peter to make it home. I knew he was close, even without him telling me. I could just feel it in my heart.

My excitement was becoming unmanageable the more I thought about his arms being wrapped around me.

I missed him so much it was all I could do to keep myself from leaving with him this coming weekend.

I knew our distance would be rough but it was getting to be too much for my heart to handle.

Even with my excitement I couldn't shake the fight Sophia and I had earlier.

I knew it wasn't my place, but I was trapped in the middle of a secret I didn't want to be in. Sophia was so worried about her own selfish self she didnt even bother to think what the people around her would think of her unanimous descion to have an abortion without their knowledge.

I wanted to tell Peter it was his little sister after all, and now after all of the drama I started I wish it would have been him I told instead of Kyle.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Camreigh! Someone's here to see you!" My father yelled from downstairs.

My heart skipped a beat as the speed beneath my feet escaped me and I ran down as fast as I could.

There was Peter standing in my front door way in one of his favorite hoodies, with my promise ring still hanging around his neck smiling big as always.

I couldnt control the amount of emotions that swept over me when I got to him and leaped into his arms.

I felt safe and secure as the strength of his arms squeezed me and held me tightly against him.

I was smiling, crying I didn't know how to react. I don't think I have ever been this happy before.

Peter pulled me back enough to get a good look at me. He smothered me in kisses from my lips to my neck and hugged me tight again.

"God I've missed you so much" he said in my ear with a shaky voice as he held me for a long as the two of us could stand it.

When he finally put me down he couldn't stop staring at me, smiling and vise versa.

For the first time since he had left I finally felt a sense of relief and pure happiness now that the other half of my heart had returned home to me.

"How have you been baby?" Peter asked as he took a seat on my fathers couch and I sat in his lap.

I nodded slightly and then smiled "not as good as I am now..." I said when he touched my lips with his again.

"I know, I wish this distance wasn't between us. I miss being with you" he said nuzzling into my neck resting his head there for a good couple of minutes.

"Have you seen your mom yet?" I asked out of curiosity when he moved his head and gave me a funny look.

"Nooooo.... I may have skipped home first just so i could see you" he smirked which made me happy but I knew how Mrs. Kavinsky was.

It made me giggle though, "we better go to your house before your mother gets mad" I said as he picked me up again and kissed me passionately.

"Five more minutes of this, and I may never go back" he said sweetly.

I knew he wished for me to ask him to stay just like all of the other times.

I could see it in his eyes, this time could possibly be the chance for him to get that wish. Knowing just how hard it would be to say goodbye to him again, and Thanksgiving was another three weeks away from now and the feeling I felt in this moment was one I felt to selfish to let go of again.

As Peter and I loaded into his mustang that I had missed just as much as him, he turned over to me after starting his engine and gazed at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked seeing how focused he was on me and my every move.

"I love you so damn much baby" he said getting teary eyes as he grabbed my hand and laced it with his before we got ready to go visit his mother.

I could tell he wanted to say something but he didn't, if only i knew what was going on in that beautiful head of his.