Lab Rats: The Musical

A/N: So this is the last bit of this weird part of this story but I enjoyed writing it so. This won't turn into a weird crack fic even the POV will change I did this to highlight the differences. The chapter after this will be Memory Wipe. The songs I used and don't own in order are "Easy as Life" from AIDA, "Only Us" from Dear Evan Hansen, "Playing Nancy" from Groundhog Day the Musical, "Always Starting Over" from If/Then, and "If I Told You" from Wedding Singer.

You can just skip to scene 8 for background on upcoming story lines and confessions.

Trigger warning: Forced kisses

Act 2

Scene 1

Viola jumps awake in a sweat from an anthology of dreams; ones of her and Chase.

They all escape her memory the moment she opens her eyes despite doing her best to hold onto them.

She can't escape thoughts of him, not even in her dreams; especially not in her dreams. How can she stop it?

"This is the moment when the gods expect me to beg for help," she begins sings as she sits on the side of her bed.

"But I won't even try I want nothing in the world but myself to protect me. But I won't lie down, roll over and die."

Her feet touch the cold floor as she begins to pace back and forth. Her heart aches as she strengthens her resolve at what she must do. She dare not think of what her parents will do if she were to confess her love for Chase. The thought stops her cold. This is the first time she used that word. There is no denying it. While her time with Chase was short she cannot help but feel connected to him as if they met in a past life.

"All I have to do is to forget how much I love him. All I have to do is put my longing to one side. Tell myself that love's an ever-changing situation. Passion would have cooled and all the magic would have died. It's easy, it's easy," she tells herself. She lies to herself.

Her eyes flicker to her freshly laundered cheerleading uniform hung in her closet. It hangs on the door for anyone to see were they to enter her room. She walks over to it and runs her hand down it feeling the fabric beneath her touch. She admits the fabric is soothing but in choosing to continue to wear it, she must cut ties with Chase. The thought causes her to double over feeling like her heart has cracked.

"All I have to do is to pretend I never knew him on those very rare occasions when he steals into my heart. Better to have lost him when the ties were barely binding. Better the contempt of the familiar cannot start. It's easy, it's easy."

She turns on her bedside lamp where, in the light, she finds the ticket for the ice skating rink. She tentatively picks it up and remembers last night. She remembers his touch as he held her from behind, how caring it was. She remembers his intense gaze as he confessed what lie in his heart, how genuine it was. Lastly her mind replays the moment they kissed, how passionate it was. She will never forget those little moments with Chase and she hopes she never does. She holds the ticket close to her heart as if it were Chase, himself, she was able to embrace.

"Until I think about him as he was when I last touched him and how he would have been were I to be with him today. Those very rare occasions, don't let up, they keep on coming,"

She hurries to her trash. "All I ever wanted," she harshly closes her fist around the ticket leaving it crumpled before letting go allowing gravity to pull it into the trash can, "and I'm throwing it away."

"It's easy, it's easy as life,"

She goes back to her bedside table to shut the lamp off but instead gets distracted by the picture of her and her parents. Their faces bore tiny smiles. Their eyes, lifeless. To anyone who takes the second to glance at it could see the fake smiles. It was taken right before Trent announced he will be graduating, finally. Before the lives of her parents became fully mushed together; before you could not tell the two paths apart. She instills the picture into her memory so she may never forget why she is doing this. She never wants to go back to this moment. To the moment her parents did not love her.