Bro Down

A/N: Sorry if the cut lines are wonky on your laptop, I had to type this one on my phone. Anyway hope you like!

Chapter 6

Another day, another contraption. Chase continuously works on what looks like a pulley system connected to some ropes and wires. He also emits strange and high pitched giggled while he works.

I try to decipher what Chase is doing but can't find myself able to figure it out. I know what it is for. It is a pretty obvious trap meant for one of his brothers. In the middle of the floor lies a lasso waiting silently for one to step right into it. Why is he setting up a trap? I do not know but I do know no one in this situation is innocent. Chase is probably getting back at one of them. My guess is Adam as he usually is the one picking on Chase. Leo teases with words usually straying from physical abuse as he is too small and skinny to initiate a fight with Chase or Adam and win. Chase works and works but I find my mind unable to comprehend why he needs to tighten this bolt or tie a knot there.

I suddenly look away in embarrassment but thankfully no one notices. Not Bree or Chase. Chase is too focused on his work and Bree has tunnel vision for her magazine. I half-heartedly leaf through the pages but never read a word. I only think of how I wish I were smarter so I could understand more of Chase's hobbies. So he won't feel as ostracized for liking what he likes.

Bree grows more and more tense beside me as Chase's giggles grow louder. Finally, she has had enough and asks, "Okay, what is with all the happy, squeaky hamster noises? Did you finally grow a chest hair?"

"No," he pauses before delivering his punchline. "I grew two," Chase comments. I can't help but laugh at his humor. He catches my eye and gives it a quick wink.

As my cheeks heat and blush I look away and question rhetorically, "Why do boys get so happy about that?"

"Anyway," Chase says getting back to Bree's first question, "this is a little something I like to call "Adam's payback"."

"For what?" questions Bree.

"Don't you remember what happened last Thursday?" Chase quizzes.

"Oh yeah!" says Bree fondly.

"What happened last Thursday?" I ask as I was not around. The one time I stay home with a cold and I miss something major? Figures.

Instead of directly answering my question, Bree looks wistfully off into the middle distance as if reminiscing. She then replies to my question, "Oh yeah. We love the "Bionic Brother Toss"."

I shake my head and glance down at my magazine. Normally, one would be worried about their boyfriend being tossed clear across the living room but mine is bionic. He has a high pain tolerance and it takes a lot to really hurt him. Although it explains why he was sore last Friday.

"Yeah? Well, let's see how he likes this," Chase says unable to think of a good quip.

That's when Adam and Leo walk in. I do not warn them as Leo will realize the dark black lasso on the floor and avoid it. Adam, however, will not.

"Trap," warns Leo as he steps over it.

This comment causes Adam to stop with one foot in the loop to ask, "Trap what?" Chase quickly hits the button to activate his trap yanking Adam off the ground with a yelp and dangling him upside down from his right ankle.

"Oh, yes! It worked!" Chase celebrates. "Now let's see how you like being relentlessly manhandled." he pauses. "That came out wrong." he amends.

"Oh! the trap was on the floor," realizes Adam.