Speed Trapped

A/N: Here it is! Hope you enjoy! If you haven't read it yet. Please read A Lab Rat and A Cheerleader: An Epic Bionic Love Affair before continuing.

Chapter 1

Ding.

My phone alarm pulls me from my slumber.

I wake up feeling the most upbeat I've ever felt in the morning. I'm not much of a morning person but today all that changes. I put pandora on and dance around. I can't help it.

All because when I leave my house this morning I'll be able to tell my parents where I'm actually going. I'm going to the Davenports. There, I will see my boyfriend Chase whom they adore.

I practically hop down the stairs where breakfast awaits me. I'm too excited to eat but I want to save room so I can try out more fro-yo flavors at the shop when it opens tonight. I'm a bit sad that Stephanie has ordered all the cheerleaders to go with her since it'll be the biggest social event of the year. We're like her entourage. Still, I hope to sneak past her and see Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo.

The Davenports, my second family. The reason I am now a morning person, for every morning, I go see them before school. This way, I can see them everyday even if I'm forced to separate from them. Whether it be different classes, cheerleading practice, or a mission, I still get to see them smile.

My mom greets me as I grab a plate of food, "My, I've never seen you this happy in the morning." I playfully roll my eyes. Ever since I told them about Chase I feel more at ease with my parents.

"Can't I be happy? The new frozen yogurt shop is opening today, I'm so excited!"

"Yes, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact you're about to see your beau," she says sarcastically.

"Okay, maybe I'm happy about that too," I answer. We giggle in a way we never have before. It's like they're finally accepting who I am.

I gobble up the eggs and bacon before nearly running to their house. I don't knock, I just come in. I even have a key for this is my home just as much as it is theirs.

I hurry down to the lab unable to stay still in the elevator. I rush out meeting my bionic family.

"Morning!" I practically chirp.

Leo looks at me with a strange look, obviously confused as to why I'm suddenly a morning person, "Who are you and what have you done with Vi," he quips.

"What?" I ask, "Can't a girl be happy to see her best friends in the world?" I huddle over Chase wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Yeah and tonight's the night," Chase says reading off my energy, "The new frozen yogurt shop is opening! Fifty two flavored and four of them are sugar free."

Bree, who is brushing her hair looks at him with an eyebrow raised, "Oh, who are you kidding? You passed out the first time you discovered nail polish." She shrugs it off knowing it to be true.

Adam emerges wearing a long trench coat despite the abnormally hot weather this past week, "I've heard of these yogurt places. They get you by charging extra for toppings. So, I'm bringing my own." He whips open his trench coat showing off at least ten different assorted candies and treats that pair well with yogurt. "You don't even wanna know what's in my pants," he says smacking his thigh which causes him to wince in pain. "Aah! Ooh! Hot butterscotch! Ooh!"

"The more you know," I quip.

Davenport arrives and decides to rain on my excellent morning mood, "Sorry, you guys are coming straight home after school. So no flavors. No fro-yo. No hanging with the bros, peeps, and homies."