Robot Fight Club

A/N: Yeah I know this took a long time to write. Longer than I thought but finals got to me. Anyway I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 5

Adam, Bree, Chase, and I are all warming up in matching outfits as we wait for Davenport to arrive. Our karategi is grey with three red interconnecting circles over our hearts. Adam and Chase do light sparing to warm up. Bree is using a dummy as her partner all while I stretch. My body is getting stronger, I feel it but this doesn't stop it from getting sore.

Davenport finally waltz in and begins his lesson instantaneously, "Alright, guys. Gather up. Today we will be studying one of the most time-honored traditions in Japanese culture."

"Sai sword throwing," I guess excitedly.

"Ooh, nun chuck combat?" questions Bree.

Chase is next, "Samurai sword fighting?"

"Wrestling ginormous dudes in diapers?" asks Adam.

Davenport dismisses all our ideas. "We will be studying the great marital art of aikido. The key principle of which is to deflect your aggressor's attack by using his own speed and strength against him."

"Can we just get to the part where I obliterate them?" says Bree impatiently.

A ringtone is heard which interrupts the lesson. Davenport grabs it and looks at the caller ID. "I have to take this, it's about money. Which is not more important than you," he pauses, "but is a very close second." He accepts the call as he strides out of the room.

"Hey, Adam. Attack me," Chase requests abruptly. I scrunch my eyebrows down in confusion wondering why Chase would want that.

"Okay," Adam accepts as he begins his verbal attack, "your hair is stupid, you're short, your face is weird, you're weird-"

Chase interrupts, "I meant hit me."

"Okay, good because that was going to be a really long list." Adam crouches into a fighting stance.

I begin to worry. Chase is not helpless, he can take care of himself using his forcefield as an offensive weapon or his phenomenal fighting skills and, god forbid, his commando app. This doesn't shake my worry for Adam does had super strength.

"Chase, what're you doing?" I ask.

"It'll be fine," declares Chase not glancing in my direction. If he did he would see me begging him not to do whatever he is about to do with my eyes.

"Vi is right," Bree agrees, "Are you sure about this? Adam is ten times stronger than you."

"Doesn't matter," Chase scoffs, "With aikido, a weak opponent can defeat a much stronger one."

"Ah, but what if the weaker opponent fits neatly into an overhead storage bin. I'm talking about you," quips Adam. I can't help but wonder how many times Adam has done this. It may explain the radio silence I've gotten from Chase at times.

"Just hit me," commands Chase.

The two drop into fighting stances. Adam charges Chase and extends his fist in an attempt to punch him but Chase is ready. With calm ease and open palms he places one hand on Adam's shoulder and the other above his fist. Then using Adam's momentum and a little pressure, he flips him.

My jaw literally drops as my lips turn from a worrisome frown to a delighted smile, "That was amazing!" I praise.

Chase adjusts his karategi, "And that's all you need to know about aikido."

"Oh," Bree vocalizes as she nears him. Somehow I know this won't end well. "I get it." With no further warning, she takes ahold of his forearm and twists it making him flip and land harshly on his back.