Chapter 10: Let's Have Some Fun!

Start from the beginning

"Well? What do you think?" she said. "Go on! Try it on!" She nudged me to the dressing room. After three minutes of putting it on, I examined myself from top to bottom. This was definitely daring. I've never wore this kind of swimsuit before. I only go for one piece or tankinis. I pushed away the curtain so Janna could see.

"Oh darling, it makes your red hair look dashing!" Janna said. "You should buy it. It looks really good on you."

"Really?" I looked at the mirror again and examined myself. She was right. It emphasizes my red hair. I look like a strawberry girl.

"C'mon, take it off and let's take it!" she said. After I changed back into my own clothes, I bought the two piece. We met River and Will at the ice cream machine. Will was getting lots of it.

"Will, you might get a tummy ache and I won't let that happen," I told Will.

"But sis, it's delicious! You wanna try?" he sweetmouthed me and let me lick his ice cream. It's surprisingly delectable! The aroma was mixed neatly with the texture!

"I want too!" I exclaimed. When I was about to get an ice cream cone, I bumped into someone.

"Hey, I was fir—" I stopped to see Clyde was getting one also.

"You were saying?" he smirked.

"Nothin," I looked down and waited for him to get his ice cream. My cheeks were heating. It must be the sun's rays. "Never mind, I'll just get another later."

"If you'll get one," he replied. "Cuz I'm going to take it all before you can."

"So evil," I muttered.

"Do you want me to get it for you, Blaire?" River's voice came into the background. He went near me and took the ice cream cone I just placed back. "Tell me what flavor you want."

"Vanilla," I looked at River admiringly.

"Great, Flirt Boy comes to the rescue!" Clyde said after he filled his ice cream cone. "See ya later at the beach party!"

I just stayed silent. I'm still confused. Didn't he just say that he wants us to be more than friends? Why isn't he acting different? He's still the same snobbish and rude guy. "Blaire? Blaire? Knock knock?" River said in front of me.

"Oh oh, who's there?" I decided to ride with his joke.

"Kiddo," he messed up my hair and handed me the ice cream. As I lick it, it almost tastes like the clouds in heaven. "Oh my gosh! This is delish!" I said while dazing out.

"Get me some River," Janna exclaimed. "I want some too!"

I heard River sighed and left me alone to indulge myself with the heavenly vanilla. After he got back with Janna's treat, I've already finished the ice cream. "Now, I'm going HYPPERR!" I exclaimed and started jumping.

"And I've got BRAINFREEZE!" Will said then after five seconds, he said. "Nah, it's gone!"

"Banana boat anyone?" I exclaimed and placed my hand below all of us as if I'm pushing an invisible force.

"Me!" Will yelled as he put his hands on top of my hand.

"Count me in!" River put his hand under mine that made me flinch. I was touching his hand. I can't help but to giggle softly. I just hope he didn't hear it.

"Don't leave me out on this," Janna said as he placed her hand on top of Will.

"Then it's settled! To the banana boat, everyone!" I yelled and everyone including me ran to the banana boat rentals. Janna and I went inside a dressing room and changed into our new bikinis. Janna was a purple-pink printed haltered bikini, letting her cleavages show. I find it disgusting. "Tomorrow, let's buy another one! And I hope there would be some changes with your style," Janna told me while I just nodded. When we saw River and Will already set and had the banana boat with them on the beach, the first thing that only happened is that River's mouth dropped. The same time my eyes dropped to the ground. I was feeling uneasy with the new look.

"So.." Janna said. "What do you think of our bikinis, River?"

"They're...they're so girly. Why do I even care? I'm not even a girl!" River said. "Le—let's go!"

"You guys look HOT!" Will said which made me look up.

"Really?" I asked Will.

"Yup!" he said back. "And you too, Janna! You look awesomedy awesomedy!"

"I can't believe you're using that kind of words," I said, embarrassed as I put the palm of my hand on my forehead.

"Awww, such a cutie!" Janna pinched Will's rosy cheeks. "C'mon! Let's ride!"

I followed them and I sat in front of River because he patted the seat in front of me and called me. In front of me was Will and Will was behind Janna. The next thing you know, we're sailing. Fresh crisp air combed my auburn hair. Water tickling my feet. Seagulls flying above us without a care. Sweet smell of summer! Suddenly, River wrapped his hands around my waist. "Woah," I said out loud.

"Oh sorry," River withdrew his hands.

"No no it's fine!" I regretted shouting awhile ago. "I don't mind."

He smiled at me, wrapped his arms around my waist, and we enjoyed the ride all the way. When we got back to shore, it's already lunch time and we ate in a shack. I have my green transparent cover up so I won't be eating in a bikini where people will stare at me. That would be creepy and uncomfortable. I ordered fish and fries as they ordered the same as mine. Good thing, it was terrific! But while eating I saw Clyde in the other table eating alone. I kinda feel sorry for him. He's eating a footlong and I can't help but stare at him. He saw me and looked away. I felt some stinging feeling inside. I wonder why? Suddenly, a hot chic with fluffy strawberry blonde curls walked up to him and started a conversation with him. Before Clyde answered he made sure to look at me before talking to her. Inside my heart, I felt an urge to slap that girl. Why is Clyde making me act like this?