Chapter 10: Let's Have Some Fun!

"I want us to be more than friends," the line kept on ringing inside my head all night long. Did Clyde really mean that? Or is he just tricking me? But, he had a serious face on. During breakfast, I think I was spacing out because Mom and Dad had called my attention. "Honey? Anything wrong? You hardly touched your cereal?" Mom asked in a worried expression.

"Nope, I'm alright!" I replied.

"You used your fork to scoop up your cereal," Janna whispered across from me. Beside her sat Clyde who was staring at me in disgust? I looked down to see she was right.

"Well, I meant to do that," I lied.

"Excuse me," Clyde excused himself from the table. I watched him as he leave the buffet restaurant. Wait, why are my eyes following him?

"Hey Blaire, I saw this flyer and it said that there's going to be a beach party later this evening. We should attend!" River said in his happy and energetic voice.

"Really? Can I?" I looked at both of my parents.

"We're coming too!" my parents said. "Cassie, you're coming right?" My parents addressed Mrs. Williams.

"Of course!" she giggled like a teenager.

"What about me?" Will whined.

"I'll go with you," Janna assured him.

"Yay!" he yelled happily.

"What about Clyde?" I wanted to pinch myself for asking that.

"He could get a date easily," Mrs. Williams replied. "So I'm sure he'll go."

"Hmph!" River muttered.

I chuckled softly because I could tell he was annoyed by him. "It's alright, love!" I emphasized the "love" to him because he kept on using that cute term for me. I can't believe I'm not ashamed to say it out loud to him. This feels terrific.

"You're growing on me," he laughed as he pinched my cheek softly and abruptly.

"Cuz you're a good influence!" I replied, while laughing.

"Oh you kids!" Mom cut in. "Stop your adorableness! You're making us miss our youthful days with that teenage love of yours!"

"MOOOM!" I hissed embarrassingly as my cheeks grew red and warm. I looked at River and I saw it was a reflection to mine. Neither of us moved our mouths to what Mom had just blurted out.

"Oopsie daisy! C'mon, hon! Let's leave them to have fun!" Mom pulled Dad away from the table. Mrs. Williams excused herself also and she told us that she has to attend her massage session, as if we care. Will, Janna, River, and I were left alone the table.

"Well? Are you two going to speak or not?" Janna complained. "Let's get the hell outta here and have some fuuunn!" The chair sounded on the floor when she pushed her chair backwards. We all copied her and left the restaurant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've decided to hang out with Janna at this time of the day. Shopping for our bikinis for later's banana boat riding. Will and River hung out with each other. They said they were going to ride the motor. "Hey Jan, what do you think of this?" I held out a UK designed tankini.

"I love it, babe! But...don't you wanna try a two-pieced bikini?" she said. "Since you like UK or USA designed swimsuits, I'll find one for you."

"N-no ne-" I was about to finish my sentence when she held out a two piece bikini. It's colored light blue and stars of the American flag were printed on the upper part while the lower were the stripes.