Chapter 22: The Plan

(CLYDE'S POV): 

     During those two weeks of not getting Blaire's attention, I had a plan. And this involves her beloved friend, Janna. 

(One of the days from those 2 weeks):

    As I looked at my binder for my next class, it was literature class. I still can't believe that I haven't memorized my schedule yet. When I got to class, I find my way to the chair nearest the window. I find myself getting inspired in literature class when I'm near the window and I don't know why. Maybe it's just because of how the trees sway whenever the wind whispers or how the birds sing or just the humming of the bees. While making my way to that chair, someone has beaten me to it. It's a lady.

     Janna.

     "Hey pretty boy, mind if I sit here?" she said while crossing her legs. 

    "Sure no problem," I told her, but inside my head yells, "Get the hell out of there. I saw that seat first!". But first, I have to get a good impression on Blaire's good ol friend before I take Blaire away from River—just in case something happens to the both of them.

     "Oh yeah, could you lean more to the right later when we're taking the test so I could copy?" she said then made a clicking sound of her chewing gum. Wow, stuck with an annoying chic.

     The professor got in and announced our agenda for today. Immediately, both of us yawnedJanna and me. Then we both looked at each other and small laughs escaped from our lips. Today, the teacher's gonna discuss then review us for the test that we'll be taking after. As he began teaching, I didn't even bother to listen because I think I could just catch up next time. Instead, I looked outside the window though there has been a little distraction. Janna is kind of blocking my view. She wasn't listening to the lecture at all, like me but she needed it because I know her grades weren't that high in most of her subjects. While looking through the window, I also find myself watching her watching the outside world. Janna has a long and gorgeous jet black hair, eyes that are caramel brown that makes it easy for guys to fall for her—except me though—and skin almost as white as snow. Something in her expression makes me wanna hold her hand and ask her what kind of problem is she dealing with. Grades? Negative, too unlike her. Love problems? Maybe? She breathes out and sighed a heavy sigh. She closes her eyes for a minute and placed her hand on her forehead. She looked so fragile and helpless. She didn't look like the naughty chic who rudely told me to let her copy my answers later. But then, she removed her hand and as if she noticed me watching her so I looked away.

    Few minutes later, a small airplane landed on my desk. I looked at Janna and she made a gesture telling me to unfold the airplane. The message said: "Saw you staring. What's up? -J"

     I suddenly felt embarrassed. 

    "Whatcha staring at pretty boy? I'm not Blaire," she winked. That b—never mindare my actions really that obvious now? I tried my best to have my poker face on, as usual, and composed myself like I wasn't affected.

     "That is not how you talk to your source," I winked back.

    "Touché, but seriously? Why were you staring?" she asked once more.

    "It's because you looked hurt or troubled with something. Let's say, love problems?"

    "F you," she said jokingly. "Never mind. Bad idea talking to you. How could you see right through me, huh?" 

     "So I'm right?" a small mischievous smile escaped my lips.

     "Yeah, so what? You couldn't do anything anyway," she smiled. 

     When I was about to open my mouth to say something, the professor announced that we would be having our tests. Janna gave me a winking signal to let her see my answers. While taking the test, I tried my best not to look at Janna. Instead, I've focused on mine. After the test, the school bell rang. Janna stretched her arms and was about to stand up when I stopped her by saying, "I want something in return."

     "Excuse me?" she eyed me disgustingly.

     "You really didn't think that you could just simply get away from copying my answers, right?"

     "Actually, I did," she nodded approvingly. I gave her my "still not convincing me" look. She sighed, "Fine, what do you want?"

     "Look, could you keep a secret?"

    She gave me a foxy smile. "Shoot."

     "I like Blaire and—"

      "Say no more, I think I know what you're gonna tell me," she raised both her hands confidently as one of her hands flipped her long black hair to the back. I looked at her and made a gesture to tell me what I was planning. 

      "You want to use me to make Blaire jealous?" she raised an eyebrow and gave me a sexy smile. She was right but with her saying that made me realize I came out to be a bad person. "But hey, are you sure about this? Blaire could end up getting hurt when she finds out about this." 

      "Do you like that River guy?"

     "Shut up, I'm trying to get over him already. So the answer is already NO," she said defensively.

     I laughed mischievously and she has the same irritating look on me. I get that a lot. "I just wanna prove something, ok? Lately, I've been giving her signs that I like her, but she doesn't seem to pick it up and I just wanna see if she likes me or not. Easy as that. Just promise me you won't tell her, please?"

     She still doesn't look convinced. So I tried again.

    "C'mon, this will be my first and last favor from you, Janna."

     "I'm just afraid Blaire will get hurt," 

     "As long as you don't tell her she won't, so is it a yes?"

     "Fine, it's a yes. I'll help you. Just tell me what I need to do," she smiled and I returned it.

     "Actually, it's just pretty easy," I said. "Join me lunch?"

    She nodded and we left the classroom with me telling her the plan.