Chapter 30

Reynold's POV

The bodies were cleaned up as quickly as they had come. We would bury them respectfully, of course, but that wasn't what was on my mind at the moment.

"Where did Rose and Michael go?" I asked Albert as he stood back up from the ground. He was attempting to scrub the blood off the stage floor, and had done a fairly good job. Sadly, this stage was always plastered with blood and could never truly be removed.

He shrugged. "I thought they were with you."

I sighed. "They probably went back to get Abby and Grace. I'm heading there now."

"I'll come with you, then. I promised I help them clean up their apartment. I looked like there was a blizzard in their room by the time I left," he said, laughing a little to himself.

"How did that happen?"

"Their television was sparking, so I grabbed a fire extinguisher," he said. I gave him a look. "It was a fire hazard."

I smirked. I wish I was there to watch that happen.

We entered the Academy, which seemed more like a ghost town. It was silent with the exception of a few Hunters patrolling the halls, making sure no one had left their room. Clearly, we were short one Hunter, because we could hear someone yelling the second we got in the elevator. Albert and I looked at each other. We knew exactly who would be disobeying orders and roaming the halls, yelling like complete idiots. Albert shook his head and pressed the button to the seventh floor instead of the second.

When we got out of the elevator on the seventh floor we heard plenty of yelling.

"Of course they didn't listen," Albert groaned. He took out his gun and jogged to the end of the hallway.

"A public execution! You killed my men in a public execution?!" Blake yelled the second we saw him. He didn't lunge after me. I believe he knew better than to. That, and one of the guys in his little, crew, which I believed was Aidan, grabbed his arm to prevent him from getting any closer to us.

"How do you know about that?" I asked.

"You would think that after Rose destroyed the last television that they rewired they wouldn't try again," Albert sighed, nodding his head towards the room they had just come out, where the news was still broadcasting.

That sounded like Rose. I bet she was the one who came up with the idea, too.

I looked over among the group. Abby and Grace were there as well, casually trying to be unseen. "And why are you two up here?"

"Its kind of hard to breathe in our room," Grace said. All of them had a white coating in their hair and on their clothes from the fire extinguisher.

"Where's Ms. White and Sir Michael?" Albert asked, using their titles in the presence of the first year Academy members. Nonetheless, it sounded strange coming out of his mouth.

"I'm not sure, I called Rose, but it went right to voicemail. I'm a little worried. She almost never answers, but she always lets it ring," Abby replied.

"Same with Michael," Grace added.

This wasn't good. Rose seem unpredictable, but that's only how she appears. She's consistent in every part of her life besides when she's angry. Either she was extremely angry, or something bad has happened. Or both. That was a possibility as well.

But Michael was the biggest cause for concern. He's also not big with cell phones, but he always answers when Grace calls. As a vampire under constant threat for siding with me, the least he can do is let her he's okay. Its top priority to him. With Rose and I, we're kind of like outdoor cats, if that's a good metaphor. We'll come home eventually, but besides that we can handle ourselves. I'm used to not seeing her every second of every day. But with the modern couples, they need to be together all the time, or at least keep each other aware of what they are doing.