Chapter 22

Ariel sat on Devin's back with her legs at his sides, as she massaged his shoulders. "Are you ready for the anniversary party?" Ariel asked him.

"Yeah," Devin answered, dryly.

"Did you invite Tiffany and the boys?" Ariel asked. She was glad that her and Tiffany were able to talk and settle their differences, after what had happened.

"Yeah," Devin answered again.

"Are you sure you're okay, baby?" Ariel sympathized.

Ever since they'd left Mrs. Powell's funeral earlier that day, he hasn't said too much of anything.

"Yes, I'm sure," he mocked her.

Ariel laughed and punched his shoulder.

"Girl, I know you didn't just-" Devin couldn't get his words out, because he was flipping Ariel off of his back and onto the bed. He twisted her arm, playfully. "So you want to play?"

"Devin, no. I'm sorry," she giggled. Devin loosened his grip at that moment. "Yeah that's what you better had did," Ariel mumbled, as he backed up a few inches.

"What?" Devin stepped closer, and grabbed her arm again. But this time, he lowered himself, and placed Ariel's hand on his head. He kissed her deeply, and she yearned for more. Since the death of Cassandra, he had grown distant, so she was happy to make love to him.

Devin lifted Ariel's shirt, and kissed her stomach and her belly ring. Ariel clutched his head harder.

"Can I take these off?" He asked Ariel, with his finger in her belt loop, referring to her slacks.

"Yes," she nodded. Her eyes were full of lust and excitement.

Devin removed her clothing, then removed his own. He lifted Ariel slightly off of the bed, as he prepared to enter her. But she stopped him.

"Devin. Condoms," she whispered, pointing to the dresser.

"Don't need them." Devin pushed himself inside of her.

Ariel's insides were jumping with joy! Wow! This is really happening.

Devin stroked her a few more times before he turned her around, doggy style. The sight of her ass, and arched back, pushed his orgasm closer to the tip of his erection.

Devin massaged Ariel's ass as he slowed his pace inside of her. Ariel immediately began to throw it back, and Devin couldn't help himself.

"Dammit , Ariel!" Devin looked up to the sky as his juices flowed into Ariel like a stream.

"Damn, babe." Devin smacked her ass and sighed. "I would have did that a long time ago, if I knew it was that good."

Ariel giggled.

••••••••

Ariel and Devin were dressed to kill, as they entered her father's 3 year anniversary celebration, for the chemical plant.

"Wow!" Ariel exclaimed, as they walked into the building. People were every where! Luckily, she and Devin had reserved seats.

Devin looked around for Tiffany and the boys, but he didn't see them. James joined them at the table, and whispered into Devin's ear. "You're not nervous are you?"

Devin was the manager of the newest plant that Mr. Kingston had recently opened, and in behalf of that, he was asked to prepare to a speech. "Naw, I'm good. I'm ready," Devin answered.

"Alright, D," her father said smugly, mocking his street name. "There's just over 3,000 people here, so don't get up there and freeze, or embarrass me."

Devin was about to respond, but he heard his name being called.

"Is Devin Powell here?" The lady with microphone asked, as she searched the crowd.

"Here!" Devin informed her, as he lifted his hand. It seemed like Devin said "excuse me" a million and one times, before he finally made it to the stage.

"Thank you," he smiled, when he retrieved the mic.

"So, umm," Devin started. "My name is Devin and umm.."

James huffed, and angrily shot daggers at Ariel. He knew he shouldn't have let her talk him into promoting this clown. Kid can't even voice a complete sentence.

"I just want to say that umm..." Devin started again. "That uh. That I love Ariel Kingston very much."

"Great! Just fucking great!" Her father sighed. The kid neglected to prepare a speech, so he tried using Ariel as a cover up.

"Ariel Elizabeth Kingston, will you marry me?"

James got up and from his seat, and was ready to go and snatch the mic from Devin, then he stopped.

Did he just ask my baby girl to marry him?

The crowd turned their attention to Ariel, with awww sounds, pouring from each side. Ariel smiled at Tiffany and the boys, whom had just joined the table. Tears of joy ran down Ariel's face.

"That's a good man!" Tiffany informed Ariel. "You better not let him slip away." Tiffany smiled and patted Ariel's back.

"Sooo? Devin asked. He couldn't see Ariel from where he was, but he prayed to God that he wasn't too late. He hoped, with everything in him, that she would say yes.

"Yes. Yes she will," Mr. Kingston stated, over an alternate microphone. He helped Ariel from her seat, and locked her arm into his.

"Daddy, what are you-"

"Come on Mrs. Powell. Are you going to ask me questions, or are you going to go and get your husband?" Her father smiled.

Devin wasn't as bad as he thought.

"Say yes, say yes!" Kannon and KJ giggled. Ariel looked back at them and smiled. She was overjoyed. She had the good twin, and for life.

SOMETIMES the app says To Be Continued. But this is THE END. There won't be a part 2 unless one of yall write it. God bless 😘