Chapter 9

Devin raced to his mother's place as quickly as he could. Cassandra was locking her front door, just as he pulled up. "Ma, I'm going to the station with you. Tiffany told me about what happen, and I came straight here."

Devin didn't care about the fact that his brother was pimping his wife out right now, he didn't deserve to be in jail. When Tiffany told him that Kevin had an outstanding warrant, he knew it was something terribly wrong. Kevin wouldn't do anything to tick off the cops. Devin's own experiences had his brother fearful of the law.

"Look boy, if you're not going to go down there and tell them people that is was you, who did whatever the hell they're charging my son with, then you may as well leave now." Cassandra swung her purse over her shoulder and walked towards her car.

Devin couldn't believe his Damned ears. What the hell was his mother talking about?

"Well?!" She yelled at him, as she unlocked her car door.

Devin walked back to his own vehicle, shaking his head. His mother could be so ridiculous at times. He knew damn well he hadn't been involved in anything lately.

"Just like I thought!" Cassandra yelled down the long driveway. "Pathetic ass."

•••••••••

Cassandra watched her son exchange words with a few police officers, before he headed towards her. "Hey, baby! I told you I was coming," she said, as she hugged his neck. "What did they tell you?" She asked, referring to the cops behind them.

"They said that it was all a big misunderstanding, Ma. I have a wife and children at home, so I wouldn't dare do the unthinkable." Kevin looked back at the 2 officers and nodded before they walked out of the building.

"I asked your wife to ride with me up here, but we got disconnected somehow. I think someone was at the door or something," Cassandra informed him, as they made their way to the parking garage.

Kevin raised an eyebrow. "Someone was at my door? Are you sure? Was she at our house or at her mother's house?

"Yeah, about 9 pm last night. And I called the house phone, so she was at the house," Cassandra answered.

She just didn't know that she got Tiffany in a world of trouble just now.

"And don't worry about me paying me back, Kevin. I got you out with money that I had stashed away from a little while ago. Come on, let's get you home to your family."