She bites her lip nervously as she turns her attention back to the shoes, and just as I think she isn't going to answer, she turns back to me with a conflicted expression.

"Because...I don't know if we're mates..." She admits.

"Don't you feel a mate bond? What has your wolf said about this?"

"Outside attraction, no...and my wolf hasn't said anything at all..." She hedges.

"That's odd..."

"Not really...considering I don't have one." She murmurs, and I pause for a moment.

"Wait...you mean, you haven't shifted yet?"  I ask. This answers some of my questions, but not all of them. Even if she hasn't shifted yet she should still feel the sparks when Mariah touches her, so there must be something else at play.

"No...and I don't know why."

"That's okay, my mom didn't shift until she was eighteen, so it's not unheard of to be a late shifter. But I can try and help you figure out why, would that be okay?"

"I'm willing to try...just don't tell anybody, okay? No one else knows about this except my mom." She pleas, and I nod.

"Of course, but I think you should talk to Mariah about this...trust me." I imply, knowing that the longer they keep each other unaware, the harder it will be. I smile in relief when she nods in agreement.

"So...what are you suggesting first?"

"Well one thing we could try is for me to do an extensive session of my energy medicine. I'm not sure if it would be considered as something similar to anything that has been used before, but this is what it is basically. It is sometimes believed that imbalances in energy fields can result in "illness" or "conditions" and practitioners can hopefully re-balance these energy fields in a person.."

"Do you really think that will work?" She asks skeptically.

"I don't believe it would hurt to try. I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone being hurt by having this performed on them. I will have to be careful not to use too much power, but the effects are not life-threatening."

"Ok I'm willing to try it. But what if that doesn't work?"

"Have you considered finding your biological father?" I nudge softly.

"No..." She starts, but I see her eyes watering.

"I know it's a difficult thing to ask, but it might be a good idea to at least consider it. You not shifting may have something to do with him, and possibly why you can't feel a mate bond...you could be subconsciously suppressing your wolf with your magic..." I trail off, and noticing that she's still upset, I decide to back off.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have approached the topic - Let's just look for more shoes - I'm dying to buy more."

Sensing her continued discomfort, I hold up a pair of cute brown lace up combat style boots with a rounded toe and a side zipper.

"What do you think of these?" As ask as I hold them up high for her to see since she's down the aisle just a little.

"They're cute but maybe the others could help decide also." She suggests - I think she's missing Marz -  truthfully.

A Rogue's Redemption जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें