Chapter 16 - We're Brothers

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I didn't want to say anything though. You know, it was a secret, but I threw it away." He said as I remembered that he threw away the last letter. "I just threw away our secrets and I'm proud of it." I smiled at the small memory, that only happened a few hours ago.

"Anyways, what do we tell Ashton and Michael? About us kind of running away?" He questioned.

"Let's just tell them that we, um, went back downtown. Where we started." I responded.

"Where we started?"

I nodded. "Where we started. From there, it was no long you and me. It was us."

"As much as I Iike hearing that Cal, I feel like it's always been us. Even though we hated each other for a while through high school, I feel like ever since then, we've been there for each other." He spoke, smiling and facing me.

I smiled at what Luke said. It was so caring and sweet. He knew exactly how I felt in high school and throughout the making of our band. We're always be there for each other.

"And we always will."

(Michael's POV)

I laughed as Ashton frantically paced around the room, trying to get Calum and Luke to answer their phones. He didn't know that their phones were on silent and under their bed covers, did he?

"God Michael! Where did they go! They're not even picking up their phones." Ashton mumbled stress. "I'm so mad at them. They can't just leave like that leaving me clueless."

"Yes, Ash. We know that it's terrible to leave you clueless." I rolled my eyes.

"Plus, they left their phones here under the bed covers." I said. "And you're not mad at them, you're more worried."

Ashton sighed. "I know, I know."

"Good. Don't worry though. Luke and Calum can take care of each other."

"But they're the youngest! We can take care of them." Ashton retorted.

"Ashy, don't fight. They probably needed to get out and get some air." I said, trying to calm him down. Man, Ashton always wants his way.

"Fine." He mumbled, placing down his phone while sitting at the edge of the bed. I stood up, off the bed and slipped on a pair of shoes. Ashton didn't know where I was going, but he slipped on his shoes and followed me out the door.

"Mikey, where are we going?"

"To Luke's weird library." I told him. "I want to see it, plus he gave me an address."

Ashton shrugged, but followed out the door and out of the hotel. We walked pretty far until we reached downtown. I kept looking back from the sheet of paper and to the street names.

"And we're here!" I announced, as I looked up from my paper. I gasped and Ashton hid behind me. We were in a dark alleyway and right in front of us was a wooden door that was slightly open. I peeked inside and saw a clean library.

Ashton and I walked into the door and looked around. We saw one bookshelf that was shifted to the side from it's original spot. A gray door that was slightly open was seen and I rushed to it. Ashton followed me closely behind.

"Luke's man cave." Ashton laughed. I smiled and opened the door further. It was trashed up and completely messy. I frowned and walked through the room. The flower pots were spread out onthe floor and the flowers out of place. They were all dying.