Going Home Together (Connie x Bertoldht)

One-Shot information:

AU – 2 Zombie Apocalypse

Genre – 2 Horror

Rating – 4 R

Pairing: Connie x Bertoldht

No romance

Writer: dragonlover098

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Bertoldht! Let’s go!” Connie exclaimed, grabbing his friend’s hand and pulling him away from the corpses. The taller boy didn’t respond as the other led him away and towards a building, their safe haven. After locking the door, Connie realized Bertoldht had collapsed to his knees. “Bertoldht, are you okay?” He asked, placing a gentle hand on his comrade’s shoulder. “Are you hurt anywhere?”

“They’re dead…” Bertoldht mumbled. “We were supposed to survive…g-go home together…”

“I know…I know, Bertoldht, but that-that can’t happen.”

“W-Why…? Why them?” Tears streamed down his face as he looked at his dirty, bloody hands.

Before Connie could answer, there was a banging on the door. Connie looked up to see two zombies on the other side. His eyes widened when he recognized them.

“Reiner…Ymir…”

Just as he spoke, the glass door broke.

“Sh-Shit! Let’s go Bertoldht!” He backed up, receiving no response. “Bertoldht, come on!” He looked to see his friend still on the ground. “Hey, get up! We can’t just sit around!” He went to grab his shoulder, but he was surprised when Bertoldht stood.

“Go, I’ll take care of this” he said.

“What? No! I’m not leaving you!” Bertoldht didn’t respond.

- to be continued -

---------------------------------------

A/N: If any of you are wondering, yes, I am continuing this story.