The Customer

The Customer

            Monday, I woke up with George sleeping next to me in the bed. We had spent all day Sunday together in the flat and he stayed with me again Sunday night. I was happy to wake up next to him but it made me think of how he still didn’t know the truth about me. But I knew I wasn’t going to tell him any time soon since I didn’t want to be the one to ruin his mood. I sighed as I got up and thought about telling him. I needed something to get my mind off it so I left the room and went into the kitchen to make breakfast.

            Breakfast was almost done by the time George came out of the bedroom and he smiled at me. His arms soon wrapped around my body and he kissed the back of my head as I finished the last omelet. I grinned and turned around to face him. “Good morning.” He smiled at me.

            “Good morning.” I smiled back and kissed his lips. “Are you hungry?”

            “Starving.” He grinned and released me. “I could smell what you were making all the way in the bedroom.”

            “Well I’m glad you woke up to eat with me. I wouldn’t want to eat this by myself.”

            “You’ll never have to eat breakfast or any meal by yourself again now that I can come in here.” He put the plates on the table. “What do you want to drink?”

            “Milk is fine.” I smiled and got us silverware. He poured two glasses of milk and we sat down to eat together. “I’m glad I won’t have to eat alone again. I love your company.”

            “I love your company too.” He leaned over and kissed my lips. “Now, let’s eat so we can go open the shop.”

            We ate quickly and I had magic clean up the dishes before we went downstairs to open the shop. We had stocked the shelves the previous night so all we had to do is get on the robes and put the open sign in the window and we were ready. George was working the register since Lee was still on his honeymoon and I stood near the door to greet people. It was a slow day until after lunch and I was standing there greeting customer after customer but froze when a particular person came into the shop. It was none other than Draco Malfoy. My whole body acted like I was put under the body bind curse and I just stared at him as he walked in and went through the store. George seemed to see him too because an angry expression filled his face.

            George and I watched Draco carefully as he walked through the store and the other customers started to leave. He was soon the only one in the store and that made me nervous. He grabbed a Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder off the shelf and he walked over to me with it. I held my breath as he stopped by me and asked, “What does this do?”

            “It blackouts a room for a couple minutes.” I answered.

            He smiled like he realized something and nodded. “Right. Thanks.” He walked away and went over to George. He bought the powder and smiled at me as he left and I sighed with relief.

            I walked over to George and said, “Thank god he’s gone.”

            He nodded. “I know.” He creased his eyebrows. “Your hair’s turning blonde again.”

            My eyes widened and I ran up the stairs to the flat. Sure enough, my hair was blonde and I wondered if Draco saw it. If he saw it, he could’ve realized who I was. This could be how I get caught. I redid the spell quickly and took several deep breaths. You’re fine, I told myself. He didn’t see your hair and you won’t get caught. I nodded and headed to leave but didn’t believe the words I just told myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short I know but it helps with the flow of the story. Please comment and vote and check out the contest!