Chapter 11- Fire At The Bottom Of The Pit.

"Walking out of time."
"Looking for a better place."
"Something's on my mind."
"Always in my head space."
"But I know someday I'll make it out of here."
"Even if it takes all night or a hundred years."
"Need to find a place to hide, but I can't find one near."
"Wanna feel alive, outside I can't fight my fear."
Lovely by Billie Eilish and Khalid.
————————————————————————

The Quarry.

Elena is pacing back and forth in her circle of fire.

Jenna is kneeling in hers.

"How are you feeling?" Elena asks

"I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything. "Jenna replies confused.

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts." Elena explains. Jenna's eyes began glistening with tears as she asked in fear. "I'm gonna die, aren't I?"

"No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do." Elena wows to her aunt.

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and Jules groaning are heard by Elena and Jenna. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound.

" Who's that? " Jenna whispers.

"That must be the werewolf." Elena replies composing herself.

Greta pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach in pain.

" What's happening to me?" Jules whimpers out in agony.

"I cast a spell to slow down your transformation, your insides are trying to tear themselves free." Greta explains in a controlling tone.

The witch moves away, flicks her wrist and a third ring of fire embraces around Jules.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed." Elena begins to plead hopelessly.

"My duty is to Klaus! The new order." Greta states proudly,

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus smirks arriving at the scene, He looks at Elena, Jenna and Jules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 mins before Klaus arrives at the Quarry.

He felt her warm forehead gently resting upon his.

Her warm sweet peppermint breath warming his lips.

Closing his eyes at this missing sensation.

For him she was the 8th wonder of  this cruel world. He dared to slowly place his large palms around her waist, instantly seeing her eyes closed he smirked to himself.