⊱⊰ 27: A New Journey [Revised] ⊱⊰

Beginne am Anfang

"You're also hurt." Imani touched Arisa's wounded arm. Arisa fought not to express any pain.

Arisa touched her arm. "It's okay. It's just a bruise."

Even though she didn't show an expression of pain, deep inside, she could feel the impact caused by Gemini's kick. She rubbed her arm, hoping that her injury was nothing grave.

"How unmannered of us." Imani paved way for them. "Please get in. You can tell us what happened while we treat your wounds."

Arisa nodded and walked into the house.

---♐♑♓--

Arisa leaned her back on the fluffy bright sofa and stretched her injured left arm. After treating Thelma, Nana, the family's robot, scanned Arisa's arm and immediately started treating it using a first aid kit. Thelma's and Kazuya's voice filled the atmosphere as they told the parents what happened in Tower Bridge.

With the robot busy treating her arm and with her friends grabbing the parents' attention, Arisa distracted herself. Her eyes met the untypical paintings stuck on the bright wall. The small wooden statuettes could be seen on the furniture and the few large oval vases beautified the room.

As Thelma reached the part of Scorpio's threat, Arisa could see fear displayed on the parents' expression. Arisa's heart sank like stone, feeling guilty. If it weren't for her, this family wouldn't have gone through that terrible situation.

"Mr. Malulu, Mrs. Malulu," Arisa called after Thelma finished telling them the events they went through.

She curled her fingers as she felt everyone's gaze on her.

"I apologize for bringing trouble." Arisa bowed lightly. "I think it's better for Thelma not to get involved with me since that would bring more trouble to your family."

As silence fell, Arisa could hear her heart thumping. Despite knowing that she would need her friends' help to bring peace to the worlds, she couldn't help but feel bad. The thought that she would bring trouble to them and their loved ones bothered her.

"Raise your head, young woman," said Kafil, his voice gentle. "You shouldn't feel guilty because of those people. Everyone knows their true nature; don't feel down."

Arisa regained her posture, her gaze meeting the lightly built man in colorful clothes. He smiled at her.

"I'm sure our daughter will deny staying here, knowing that she has a mission to save the worlds," said Imani.

Arisa shifted her view to the woman with dark, short braids and earrings, sitting by Kafil's side.

"Some sacrifices have to be made to bring a greater good," said Kafil, a bit of nervousness could be sensed in his tone. "Thelma will travel with you."

Imani curled her fingers on her husband's hand. "It would be selfish of us to not let her go; the worlds need her. We will be waiting and pray for you to succeed with your quest."

Thelma patted Arisa's shoulders. "My parents are right. Don't feel guilty, Arisa. I will always support you no matter what troubles we'll go through."

Arisa gazed at the young woman with a fluffy ponytail, sitting by her side. Despite hearing those calming words, something still bothered her.

"What about your family's safety?" asked Arisa.

Thelma rubbed her chin. "I'll contact James to do something about their protection. Since Aadila has been kidnapped and the culprits escaped, she has the right to walk around with a security robot."

Arisa gazed at Thelma, still worried that the Guardians would disturb the Malulus.

"If it's the family's safety that you're worried about, don't worry." Aadila's voice filled the brief silence.