Our Daughter-in-Law Must be the Daughter to the First Wife

Start from the beginning

Feng Jin Yuan's mind was immediately filled with too many things. Every matter was because of Feng Yu Heng's "rebirth." He gritted his teeth and sighed. Sure enough, the old saying said it best. The more you hoped someone was dead, the more likely they would live. The more you hoped someone would live happily, it was possible that something would happen and they would die.

He had hoped from the bottom of his heart that this daughter had died. Unfortunately, the things that happened to Feng Yu Heng could never be judged using common sense.

"Daughter-in-law greets father Emperor and your Highness. Love live father Emperor. Long live your Highness." With these words, Feng Yu Heng had already knelt in the middle of the scene. Facing the Emperor, who was seated in his throne, she kowtowed three times. That cat sat in her lap and did not move.

The Emperor looked at Feng Jin Yuan: "You said Our daughter-in-law died. What is it, minister Feng, do you not even know if your own daughter is alive or dead?"

Feng Jin Yuan quickly knelt, "This official does not dare!"

"Do not dare?" The Emperor became furious, "Feng Jin Yuan! We do not blame you for the clan residence catching fire, but you did not even check whether or not your daughter burned to death in the fire before performing the funeral. What exactly are you wanting to do? Are you able to remember that this daughter is Our daughter-in-law!"

The Emperor became more angry the more he spoke. By the end, he grabbed a glass cup from the table before him and smashed it towards where Feng Jin Yuan was knelt.

The glass cup did not stray from its target and struck Feng Jin Yuan directly on the forehead. Instantly, a bloody mark appeared.

Nobody present dared to utter a word. They did not even dare breathe loudly. Chen Yu, Fen Dai and Xiang Rong could no longer continue watching, as they all stood up then knelt.

Feng Jin Yuan's vision became blurred from the blood, but he did not dare say a word. He only knelt there, trembling. His mind wandered and recalled how Lord Bu had died a tragic death at the Mid-Autumn banquet. Even his hair began sweating.

Fortunately, the Emperor did not continue to argue with him. Instead, he turned his head and looked at Feng Yu Heng then said a few words that changed the setup of the Feng family "Today, the title of county princess Ji An will be conferred to the Feng family's daughter to the first wife, Feng Yu Heng. Ji An county in Ping Zhou will be granted as land. Now, Tong Sheng pavilion will become the county princess' manor. The main gate will be opened, and county princess Ji An has the right to control entry and exit!"

Feng Jin Yuan's mind was making noise for a while, and he could not really understand what the Emperor was saying.

Feng Chen Yu, however, suddenly raised her head upon hearing the Emperor's words and rushed to say: "Your Majesty has made a mistake! Feng Yu Heng is not the daughter of the first wife!"

The Emperor glanced at Chen Yu in annoyance. He did not speak, as he felt it below himself to speak with an irrelevant woman; however, the Empress sitting next to him knew very well when to take over the conversation. Looking at Chen Yu, she said: "Before the Emperor, do you have any right to spout such nonsense?"

Only then did the Emperor ask Chen Yu with interest: "What is it? Do you have some objections with what We said?"

At this moment, Chen Yu reacted and realized that she had been too quick to speak and had actually argued with the Emperor. She hastily kowtowed, bowing all the way to the ground and said: "This humble girl does not dare!"

"Hmph!" The Emperor coldly snorted, "At that time, the Feng family welcomed the Yao family's only daughter into its gates. Even the Empress dowager gave an award. How could Feng Yu Heng not be the daughter of the first wife? Feng Jin Yuan, We must ask you. Do you want the head wife and daughter of the first wife acknowledged by Us, or do you want to face the dangers of going against the imperial will, by promoting a concubine and recognizing her daughter as the daughter of the first wife?"

Feng Jin Yuan knew that he did not have any room for choice. In regards to the matter with Yao shi, he and the matriarch had already pondered it. Perhaps they had guessed the imperial will incorrectly at the time, or perhaps the Emperor had changed his mind after all these years. Either way, now it was not someone else, it was him.

"Naturally... it is the same as your Majesty's thinking." He helplessly replied.

Chen Yu felt her mind explode, as her body swayed. Her body swayed a few times then collapsed to the ground. Because she had already fallen into the water, she had caught a bit of a cold. Her body immediately began shivering, but it did not arouse any sympathy from anyone.

In regards to what happened to the Yao family that year, so long as they resided within the capital, they had a clear understanding. Although they did not say it, they were contemptuous of the Feng family. Their daughter married you, and your Feng family made use of the Yao family's influence in the capital to build a foundation. What then? Could you only share in delights but not share in suffering?

Feng Yu Heng looked at the kneeling Feng Jin Yuan and Chen Yu. She could not help but sneer internally. Wait for it, this is not the only retribution.

"Daughter-in-law thanks your Majesty for the support! Daughter-in-law thanks your Majesty on behalf of my mother Yao shi for the grace!" Feng Yu Heng kowtowed deeply, truly grateful.

Restoring Yao shi as the head wife was not within her plans. Everything was the Emperor's idea. But she knew that she had the mutual divorce document in her sleeve. The Emperor doing this was to restore her and Yao shi's face to the fullest. Even with a mutual divorce, it would be similar to when she just married into the Feng family. She would be leaving the position of the head wife. Only like this, could they be worthy of the Yao family's proud tradition of "Men do not take in concubines and women do not become concubines.