Our Daughter-in-Law Must be the Daughter to the First Wife

Start from the beginning

"Lord Feng." Someone from the group of princes spoke up. It was not Xuan Tian Ming or Xuan Tian Hua, instead it was the second prince, Prince Yuan, Xuan Tian Ling. "Even if this prince's younger sister was obedient and gentle, you as a father can not just arrange to do such a thing?"

Upon hearing these words, Feng Jin Yuan immediately recalled how Feng Yu Heng had saved the Emperor's grandson at the Mid-Autumn banquet. He also realized that in this group of princes, the ones with relations to Feng Yu Heng were not just the seventh prince and the ninth prince.

Sweat began to appear on his brow, but at this time, the Emperor acted contrary to expectation and began mediating: "Moving on from this, minister Feng has always been old-fashioned. It was with great difficulty that he told a joke, so we should applaud him. Today, this banquet is for the newly conferred county princess Ji An. County princess suffered a shock a few days ago. Dear ministers, should soothe her as much as possible."

Everyone immediately stood up and complied: "That is natural. That is natural."

The Emperor nodded in satisfaction and said to Zhang Yuan: "Go invite county princess out!"

Zhang Yuan immediately trotted out to pass along this message. Not long later, they saw a small boat appear on the lake they had come from. On that small boat, there was a small canopy made of smokey silk gauze on the cabin. Inside, they saw a girl in splendid attire looking straight at everyone before her.

For a while, a portion of the people were absorbed in the smokey silk gauze canopy on the cabin, causing them to ignore the girl, who was supposed to be the main guest.

But there were even more people who stared at the splendidly dressed girl. She wore a large pink floral dress and a jade forehead pendant. This was the impressive appearance of a county princess. In her lap, she held a grey cat with a large head and a round face, but it had a pair of eyes that seemed as though they could peer into a person's soul.

Feng Jin Yuan's legs had become a little soft. It was not just him. Chen Yu and Fen Dai's legs also began to tremble, especially Fen Dai. Just as though she had seen a ghost, she firmly covered her own mouth, fearing that she would let out any sound.

It was Xiang Rong who took a couple steps forward in amazement. She did not feel that she had walked into the middle of the crowd, as she only watched that boat and happiness filled her heart.

Her second sister, so the new county princess conferred by the Emperor was her second sister!

Xiang Rong finally understood what Xuan Tian Hua had said earlier. So her second sister really did not die!

Finally, the boat reached the shore, and two palace maids immediately went forward to welcome her. They saw the beautifully dressed girl steadily get off the boat and walk forward, step by step.

Only then did they recognize her. The newly conferred county princess Ji An was actually the daughter-in-law the Emperor was just talking about! The lord prime minister's second daughter!

The people who had just mourned for Feng Jin Yuan turned their sights on him. The one first to react even asked: "Prime minister Feng, did you not say your second daughter died in a fire?"

"That's right! I even cried for nothing. You actually were joking with us!"

Feng Jin Yuan suffered. He had searched for Feng Yu Heng in Feng Tong county for that long yet not found her. Who would have thought this girl had actually returned to the capital and even entered the palace. She had even received the title of county princess?

Seeing that Feng Yu Heng was about to pass by him, Feng Jin Yuan lowered his head and even turned his body slightly.

He truly did not know how he should face this daughter. Although he had truly searched for her after the fire, whether or not he had put in any effort into the search was something others did not know; however, Feng Jin Yuan knew very well. Moreover, she had only gone missing, yet he had resolutely said that she was dead. The Emperor was still here. If he tried to investigate him for duping the Emperor, how could that go well?