Her Maternal Grandfather Really is Arrogant!

Start from the beginning

The silence in the room was extreme, as the only sounds in the room were of the go pieces. Even the sounds of breathing quieted down.

Xuan Tian Ming looked at the board filled with pieces and curved his lips into a bewitching smile. He understood his father Emperor too well. Choosing to play a game of go with Feng Yu Heng for no apparent reason? He clearly knew that she was not very good, yet he still did not win in a single go? It was clear that he had some other intentions.

Sure enough, when Feng Yu Heng once again broke through in a corner, the Emperor spoke: "Did you know that Da Shun is bordered by four countries?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "On the Eastern border, it is Zong Sui. On the Western border, it is Gu Mo. At the Southern border, it is Gu Shu. At the Northern border, it is Qian Zhou."

The Emperor put down a piece, blocking Feng Yu Heng's escape path, "These four countries may appear peaceful, but the reality is they have their own schemes. Just like the white pieces on this board, which have tightly surrounded the black pieces. As for the black pieces, they represent my Da Shun."

Feng Yu Heng stared at the board for a while then straightened out her black pieces. She no longer attempted to break through. She was not adept at go. This match was lost long ago.

"What can they do if they have us surrounded." She lightly spoke, "My Da Shun has fought alone for this fertile piece of land. For it to be coveted is normal. The four countries are doing things on their own. If the four joined together to surround the one, then they would naturally have the right to claim superiority. Or if they joined into two groups to surround one, they can caused turmoil on the frontiers of Da Shun. But in reality, Da Shun separates the four. None of them is able to see the other. On their other border, it's either snowy mountains or endless seas. Their only ability to contact one another is through Da Shun. Smart people know to continue borrowing power. Only by relying on Da Shun can they ensure their own citizens are live a better life. If I were these four countries, I definitely would not want to rebel."

The Emperor sighed, "Unfortunately, it isn't everyone who is able to think like you do." He pushed a piece forward, "We're done here. Heng girl's go abilities need to be trained properly. Us playing go with you was a little more tiring than simply placing the pieces."

Feng Yu Heng was very embarrassed and quickly stood up to apologize: "I have caused father Emperor trouble."

The Emperor smiled wryly, "Forget it. Being able to see you return to the capital safely, We can finally relax. Although We never believed you would truly die in a fire, but the news has been spread methodically outside. Even if it is not believed, it must be thought about." As he spoke, he glared over at Xuan Tian Ming, "It's all a result of your deeds."

Xuan Tian Ming shrugged: "The Feng family is indeed performing a funeral, but it's not for Heng Heng. It is for their son, Feng Zi Hao."

"Hm?" Feng Yu Heng was stunned, "Feng Zi Hao died?"

The Emperor was also puzzled, "Feng Jin Yuan's son to the first wife, although a good-for-nothing, there was only one. How did he die?"

The corners of Xuan Tian Ming's lips curled up, resulting in an incredibly devilish smile: "If son said that he was personally beaten to death by Feng Jin Yuan, would father Emperor believe it?"

The Emperor and Feng Yu Heng both shook their heads.

Xuan Tian Ming did not continue to speak on it, however, as he said: "Either way, he is the court's prime minister. Father has a reason to keep him around, and son is not informed in the matters of the court."

Xuan Tian Hua also said: "One Prime minister Feng is involved with third brother. Third brother leads a group of countless officials. Father Emperor not taking action for now is the most steady choice."