Are You All Tired of Living?

Start from the beginning

She squinted her eyes and lifted the curtain to look outside the window. Far away, Feng Tong county could be seen. It was like a net that was prepared and waiting for her arrival.

The carriages stopped at the boundary marking stones to Feng Tong county. It was precisely noon on the 22nd of the ninth month. The sun at the end of Autumn was still strong. When everyone in the Feng family was helped off their carriages, it was so bright that they could not open their eyes.

Han shi sat in the carriage at the very back. The swaying from the travel caused her to be a little dazed. When she exited the carriage, she did not even raise her head before shouting: "Why are we getting out so early? Aren't we still far from the gate?"

Her shouts voiced the thoughts of everyone else. Everyone believed that the carriages should not have been stopped here at the boundary marker.

But it would not do for them to not stop. After passing the boundary marker, there was only a small road into Feng Tong county. Now, that road was completely blocked by a group of people. It was so thoroughly blocked that even a person would find it difficult to squeeze past, much less a carriage.

Yao shi stared at the group of people blocking the road and frowned. Leaning close to Feng Yu Heng, she quietly said: "They are people from the Chen family."

Only then did she remember, the Feng family and Chen shi were born and raised in Feng Tong county. It was also because of this that when Feng Jin Yuan participated in the imperial exam, Chen shi could have an opportunity to take care of the matriarch in the old home. But for the Chen family to be blocking the road, what was the meaning of this?

For a while, the Feng and Chen families opposed one another on this small road.

Feng Jin Yuan stood with his hands behind his back, a dark expression on his face. Looking at the group of people from the Chen family, he coldly said: "Give way!"

The Chen family did not respond, nor did they give way. Instead, they advanced a couple steps.

The Feng matriarch felt that this family was truly too despicable "What are you doing? Are you acting as kings of this road? Are there still laws in this world?"

Feng Yu Heng stomped over to the matriarch's side and softly said: "Grandmother, do not get angry. Of all things, tranquility is most important."

With her going forward, the emotions of the Chen family immediately changed, as two elders around 70 years of age shakily walked forward. Staring at Feng Yu Heng, they asked: "Are you that girl from the Feng family?"

Feng Yu Heng asked: "Which girl?"

However, Feng Chen Yu quickly went forward and grabbed the two elder's hands, as tears began falling from her eyes "Third great uncle, fourth great uncle, Chen Yu really missed you!"

The two old men's expressions immediately calmed down upon seeing Chen Yu. They patted her back while wiping away tears.

The one called third great uncle asked her: "Your elder brother said that it was the Feng family's second daughter that caused the death of your mother. Is it this one?"

Chen Yu appeared shocked: "Why would brother say this? Although second sister does not usually get along well with us, to have caused mother's death... this crime is a little too large. Great uncle absolutely would not dare speak randomly."

"Hmph!" The old man snorted coldly, "Chen Yu, you have had a good personality since you were young, but you do not know that good people are easy for others to bully! Your mother was our family's only daughter in her generation. For her to have died in some outsider's home, how do you want for us to be at peace with this?!"