Feng Yu Heng's Abilities

Börja om från början

The fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi was originally feeling a little reproachful towards Bu Ni Shang after hearing what Feng Yu Heng had said, but who could have thought that things would turn out like this. Just a regular competition actually ended up having the phoenix hairpin as its focal point. The meaning was now completely different.

Xuan Tian Yi directly thought to cheer on Bu Ni Shang. This girl truly was his lucky star! If Bu Ni Shang really could win the phoenix hairpin, then it would be equivalent to him marrying the future Empress. Although he never felt that the Emperor ever looked upon him with great favor, Xuan Tian Yi now felt as though this were some sort of test his Imperial father had set up for him; otherwise, there was no chance that phoenix hairpin would be awarded for a competition between just two people. The ninth prince was someone who had been injured and had no hope of having children. So it seems that Imperial father was favoring him and had in fact favored him the entire time!

The more Xuan Tian Yi thought, the more touched he was. His eyes sparkled, and his gaze was so passionate that a dragon could practically be summoned! His hopes of attaining the throne had just made great progress. He could not help but look towards Bu Ni Shang and give her a smile of encouragement.

But Bu Ni Shang felt bitter at heart!

She already had no control at forty paces, but Feng Yu Heng extended it to one hundred paces!

Watching the eunuch move the target back to one hundred paces, she could no longer see the target. How was she supposed to shoot for it? How much strength could a girl have? Even if she had trained in archery from a young age, she did not have the martial prowess of a man. Feng Yu Heng, was she making light of her?

She looked sideways and found that Feng Yu Heng actually nodded upon seeing the target being placed by the eunuch. She said with satisfaction: "This is more like it. In the end, this is just a competition, so I will not make any more requests."

Bu Ni Shang nearly vomited upon hearing those words.

Forget it! She did not believe that Feng Yu Heng could hit something she could not. Could the young miss from a government official's family be stronger than her? In the end, if neither person hit the target, it would be whoever shot it further that won.

Thinking like this, Bu Ni Shang felt a new surge of confidence. Raising the bow in her hand once more, she said to Feng Yu Heng: "Young miss Feng, we can start now, right?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded: "The older one can go first."

Pft!

Everyone spat out laughing.

The Empress also raised an eyebrow: "She really is like Ming'er!"

Bu Ni Shang felt that this was nothing more than Feng Yu Heng's strategy. She wanted to disrupt her mindset and cause her to make a mistake.

She coldly snorted and mentally cursed Feng Yu Heng for being superficial.

She then raised her bow and pointed it in the direction of the nearly-unseen target. Taking a few deep breaths, she finally adjusted her mind to the optimal condition. She then notched an arrow and loosed it. The arrow flew from the string and went straight towards the target.

Everyone held their breath, their gazes following the arrow.

Bu Ni Shang silently prayed that the arrow would fly further and further. She had used all of her strength and even ignored aiming. Everything she did was for the sake of increasing the distance on the arrow.

But, the arrow still landed at around the sixty paces range.

Only then did everyone let out their breath. Some imperial guards ran up and took a look. They then reported to the Emperor: "Reporting to your Majesty, the arrow traveled 63 paces and deviated from the target by 31 feet."