Bu Ni Shang's Provocation

Start from the beginning

"This time, it is good enough, right?" Bu Ni Shang once again challenged Feng Yu Heng.

Who knew that Feng Yu Heng would actually shake her head once more, "Ah, too close. It really is much too close. Young miss Bu, if you only invited me to accompany you in playing around, then A-Heng really is not in the mood."

The crowd was shocked.

Thirty paces was already quite far for a competition between two girls.

The Empress watched with some concern and could not help but begin discussing with the Emperor: "The Feng family's girl hasn't stirred the pot too much, right? I heard that the Bu family's girl has trained in martial arts from a young age, but I have never heard of Minister Feng's family having a martial arts master?"

The Emperor smiled and shook his head: "Quite often, the more outrageous someone is, the more likely they are to be victorious. You should also know that this daughter of the Feng family was tossed into the mountains in the Northwest by Feng Jin Yuan a full three years ago. Apparently, she found a Persian eccentric as a master, who gave her medical skills that are even better than old man Yao's. Heavens knows if that Persian eccentric also knows martial arts."

The Empress was still a little worried and looked towards the competition area. She saw the eunuch bring the target another ten paces further away.

"Forty paces is enough." The Empress was on edge for Feng Yu Heng. She was truly worried that if Feng Yu Heng lost, not only would she lose face, the most important part would be her losing face for Xuan Tian Ming. Only the heavens knew if Xuan Tian Ming would destroy this banquet if he lost face!

Bu Ni Shang was furious with Feng Yu Heng. It was not that she had not experience shooting from forty paces, but she had not way of guaranteeing a hit one hundred percent of her shots. Forget about hitting the red spot in the middle of the target, even the edge of the target would be hard to hit.

Fiercely glaring at Feng Yu Heng, she was filled with doubt. The daughter to a minister's concubine could compete with her in archery?

Thinking along these lines, Bu Ni Shang raised her bow and walked towards the middle of the competition area. She truly believed this forty paces to be the absolute limit. If Feng Yu Heng was still not satisfied, then there was something wrong with her head.

In reality, aside from Xuan Tian Ming, Xuan Tian Hua and the Emperor, everyone else present had the same thoughts as Bu Ni Shang. Even Xiang Rong and Xuan Tian Ge were on edge. Ren Xi Feng sneakily said to Feng Yu Heng: "A-Heng, don't force yourself. Although I lost to her for a few years, this is fine. We are girls after all. Something like archery will likely never be used in this life. Just take it as giving the Emperor a performance. There is no need to be angry at her. It's not worth it."

Feng Yu Heng got angry!

She did not get angry for Ren Xi Feng. Instead, she was angry at Bu Ni Shang.

She took a couple steps forward and angrily looked around. Pointing at the target, she angrily yelled: "Arrows are used on the battlefield to shoot and kill enemies! Have you ever heard of enemies standing this close for you to shoot? Your Bu family manages soldiers. Could it be that they teach the soldiers to wait until the enemy is at fourty paces before they can shoot?"

When she spoke, she asked many questions, but she did not give time for any response. Doubt was a certainty, and this certainty led to reprimand. Bu Ni Shang suddenly felt as though she were in a trance. It was as though the person speaking before her was not Feng Yu Heng, rather it was her brother, who was always strict with military disciple, Bu Cong.

While she was in this trance, Feng Yu Heng had already loudly said to the eunuch: "Move it back! If you want to compete, then begin at one hundred paces! At one hundred paces, one set will decide the victor!"

Wow!

Everyone went crazy. Even the Emperor's eyes were opened wide. Xuan Tian Ming raised an eyebrow, while Xuan Tian Hua bent slightly at the waist and asked him: "Is sister really capable?"

The corners of Xuan Tian Ming's mouth twitched, "How could I know."

The Empress began sweating and asked the Emperor: "Should we stop them? To prevent both families from losing face."

The Emperor thought about it while staring at Feng Yu Heng for a long time. He felt that this girl not only possessed the strength to refuse to admit defeat, she also seemed to have some of what she said. She seemed to have a great many secrets left to be uncovered. He also began to feel curious. What sort of wonders could a twelve year old girl display?

"Good!" Suddenly, the Emperor spoke up. The single word "good" echoed the area.

All of the competitors stopped what they were doing and began gathering around the archery competition area.

The Emperor then said: "We had originally been prepared to award a special item to the winner of one of the seven disciplines of zither, chess, calligraphy, painting, singing, dancing and archery. Since the competition in archery has become so magnificent, We have chosen the discipline of archery!"

The Empress cooperated and brought the phoenix hairpin forward, "Daughters of Bu family and Feng family, whoever wins this round of archery, this one will personally place this hairpin on your head!"