Bu Ni Shang's Provocation

Start from the beginning

Among the onlookers, there were naturally some princes. Xuan Tian Hua pushed Xuan Tian Ming, while the fourth prince, Xuan Tian Yi, stomped over with both hands behind his back. Lowering his voice, he said: "Ninth brother's future princess really has a way with words!"

"What?" Xuan Tian Ming looked over towards the competition area with squinted eyes. The crowd that had been blocking his view had, at some point, parted to the sides, giving him a clear line of sight. "I feel that what Heng Heng said is the truth. She's just an honest child, how could it be that she has a way with words. Fourth brother, don't give her too many kind compliments. She will become arrogant."

Xuan Tian Yi snorted but remained silent. He instead looked towards Bu Ni Shang and saw a coldness in her gaze. Feng Yu Heng's words had successfully left a mark in her heart.

"Thinking about it, those that speak lots are not good with their hands." Bu Ni Shang also smiled. Looking at Feng Yu Heng, she said: "Time spent training your way with words would be be better spent drawing a bow or swinging a sword. Come compete with this young miss."

Ren Xi Feng could no longer endure watching this and walked in front of Feng Yu Heng, angrily glaring at Bu Ni Shang: "You, the daughter of a general's family dare to bully the child of an official's family. Do you not feel any shame? If you want to compete, then this young miss will be your partner!" She was the daughter of General Ping Nan. In terms of martial arts, she was naturally unwilling to concede.

But Bu Ni Shang made light of Ren Xi Feng. She shook her head while running her mouth, "You have lost to me for three years in a row. Do you want to lose face for a fourth year in a row? Ren Xi Feng, I can't even bring myself to do it."

Ren Xi Feng's face turned red from these words. Indeed, she had lost three years in a row; however, when it came to archery, Bu Ni Shang could be said to suit it perfectly. She almost began thinking that the other side trained for the sole purpose of this annual competition.

Feng Yu Heng, however, did not know that there was this matter. Glancing at Ren Xi Feng, she could tell from her expression that Bu Ni Shang was telling the truth. As she thought about it, she actually became a little interested.

"Previously, his Highness the ninth prince asked me something." Smiling, she turned to look at Xuan Tian Ming. "His Highness asked: 'Heng Heng, aside from medical skill, what else are you proficient at?' At the time, my answer to him was: secrets must be revealed one at a time. If they are all revealed at once, then it's no longer interesting." She turned back around to face Bu Ni Shang: "Today, I was originally not in the mood to partake in any competitions, but young miss Bu's boundless kindness is truly too difficult to refuse. Then let us take it as me revealing one of those secrets to his Highness the ninth prince, so he can sate his curiosity!"

Bu Ni Shang snorted: "You speak too much." She then took a few steps into the competition area, where a eunuch handed her a bow. She held the bow and pointed at the bullseye on a target twenty steps away: "According to the rules, three arrows to determine victory or defeat."

Feng Yu Heng also walked forward. Looking at the bullseye, she shook her head: "It's too close."

"What?" Bu Ni Shang practically thought that Feng Yu Heng had lost her mind. A prime minister's daughter competing with a general's daughter in archery, yet she was being picky?

"Then just go a little further!" The fourth prince spoke up. Looking at Bu Ni Shang, he spoke without expression: "Since you are going to compete, you are both going to become wed to the Xuan family. How can we be petty." He looked at the bullseye and loudly said: "Another ten steps further."

"Alright!" Bu Ni Shang also got in the mood. Looking at the fourth prince, she nodded. The two had reached a tacit agreement.

The eunuch moved the target ten steps further away then looked at Bu Ni Shang. Seeing Bu Ni Shang nod, he returned.