three

i had just arranged my bunk when corbyn spoke up.

"hey, leah? how did you even manage to bring your luggage without emma knowing?"

i smiled. "i, uh, just dumped it in the back when she wasn't looking," i responded. "she was probably too excited to meet you guys to care."

"well, fair enough," zach joked. "i mean, we're so amazing, that everyone wants to meet us."

i rolled my eyes. "okay, riiiight," i said. zach just smirked. "oh? do you agree, then?" he said, before sitting down on the couch next to me.

choosing to ignore his question, i changed the topic.

"thank goodness you bathed. you were too stinky," i said. jonah laughed.

"well, as enjoyable as this was, i think i'm going to sleep," he said. "night, guys."

the rest of the boys nodded and followed jonah towards the bunks too, leaving zach and i. before we left, i could have sworn that jack, who was the last one to get up, had turned back and winked.

"real subtle, bro," i heard zach mutter under his breath.

i turned to face him. "hey, zach?" i said quietly.

"yeah?"

"thank you so much," i said. "without you, i won't be here now. i'll probably be in the car with emma, just an excited fangirl who just saw her favourite man band of all time."

he smiled. "nice to know i'm appreciated, lels," he said, using his nickname for me. "when you moved away, i've really missed you. a lot. i'm happy you're here now."

i was about to reply when a yell came from the direction of the bunks. i recognised the voice as corbyn's. "yo, guys, the two kids are so cute together!"

i groaned. "can't we talk without them saying this? we're just friends. platonic friendship, guys."

leah didn't know, but zach's heart sank.

**

the next morning, i woke up earlier than usual. after brushing my teeth, i changed into a comfy sweater and sweatpants tying my hair up in a ponytail.

i walked towards the front of the bus to see jonah, sitting on the couch and reading the newspaper with a cup of hot coffee in hand.

"morning, jonah," i yawned, sitting down next to the boy. he looked at me. "morning, leah. or should i say, lels?" he smirked at the end.

i rolled my eyes. "seriously?"

"yes!" he insisted. "you two would be so cute together. and i can tell he likes you. when he brought up the idea of having you as our photographer after zack leaves, zach was so enthusiastic about it that tyler said yes before even seeing your resume."

"why?"

jonah smiled. "well, the important thing about having someone come on tour with you is that you have to get along well with the person. the way zach described you, i guess all of us, even tyler, felt that we'd get along."

"so, to continue what i said just now. not only was he so pumped up for tour after tyler hired you, he talked about you non-stop for the whole day. all good things," he added hastily, when he saw my expression. i snorted.

"so, yeah, i've never seen zach so in love with anyone before. he definitely doesn't see you as only a friend, or best friend. just saying," he smiled.

i nodded. "okay, but jonah, if-"

i was cut off by zach blundering into the room and collapsing onto the couch next to me. he yawned before proceeding to fall asleep again. jonah looked at me with a i-told-you-so face, and i did my best to stop myself from rolling my eyes. turns out rolling my eyes was something i was doing a lot ever since i met the boys.

jonah merely smirked and went back to read the paper.

i leaned against one of the pillows on the couch and fell asleep too.

a/n oops short chapter, didn't like this one :/