one

my best friend emma and i were currently outside the phoenix, arizona venue of why don't we's invitation tour. we had bought premium tickets, VIP and limelight, and we were so excited to finally meet the boys. we've both been stanning the boys since 2016, when they first started.

"i can't believe we're finally meeting why don't we! like, we've been waiting forever for this day," emma squealed excitedly. i laughed at her enthusiasm.

"i know, em," i responded, brushing a stray lock of hair out of my eyes.

"how are you so calm?" said emma, who was trying to stop herself from freaking out. "i mean, we're meeting why don't we! in twenty minutes! zach might be your best friend, but you haven't met the rest."

i smiled. "yeah, i know. i have something to tell you, though. i-"

i was cut off by the screams of the limelights next to us. "they're opening the doors!" i heard one girl say excitedly to the girl standing next to her, which i assumed was her friend.

hearing what the girl said, emma at once grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to the door.

i smiled at the enthusiasm of my best friend. the news can wait, i thought to myself.

**

a/n: i've never been to a meet and greet or concert before so this part's probably gonna be different from whatever you blessed limelights who've went to their concerts before have experienced. i'm just writing this based on what i've heard from people and read in other fanfics so please forgive me for any mistakes :)

all of us who bought limelight were brought into this room backstage and we were all seated on chairs, chatting excitedly with each other and making friends as we waited for the boys.

the whole time, i was engaged in conversation with this girl on my left. her name was chloe, and i learned that she was sixteen years old, her favourite members were corbyn and jack, and she enjoyed bowling. of course, we exchanged social media handles.

after a few minutes, screams were heard from all directions as the boys walked out. i joined in the screaming and clapping like everyone around us, enjoying myself completely.

what i wanted to tell emma was pushed to the back of my mind.

after some fans asked the boys a few questions, it was time for photos. we formed a line, with emma and i right at the back as the rest of the girls pushed each other to get to the front. both emma and i didn't want to get trampled on or rushed, so we waited.

when it was (finally!) our turn, emma went first and was greeted enthusiastically by the boys. after emma had finished with her photos, she stood at the side to wait for me.

as i approached the boys, zach, who was the closest to me, grinned widely as i went closer to him. "leah. it's been so long," he said, hugging me tightly.

"you know her?" asked jonah.

"yeah! guys, leah is the one i've told you guys about. she's my next-door neighbour in dallas, and she's also coming on tour with us...as our new photographer."

a/n oops short chapter