Chapter Twenty ~ Meeting The Family

They pulled up outside the very same home Y/N had taken a photograph of weeks before, she jumped down from her seat and flashed a big smile over at Taehyung as he closed the passenger door.

"What's the smile for?" He chuckled.

"I've actually seen this house before and was curious as to who could possibly live here." 

"Well now you know." Taehyung smirked as he walked down the drive with Y/N beside him.

The two had talked most of the way, nothing too personal at this stage as they didn't want to make things too intense but about their favourite movies, music, hobbies etc.

Taehyung felt his wolf coming through at times, whenever she looked at him or they accidentally brushed fingers when reaching to change the song his wolf would scream mine and it took all his strength to calm the animal down before he reached across and claimed this beautiful woman for his own.    

Taehyung was still nervous and dubious, was he doing the right thing? Would this all come back to bite him in the ass? Y/N was his mate, after denying it for so long he simply couldn't anymore but that scared the hell out of him. It wasn't something he expected to happen so soon, what if she rejected him when she found out what he was? It was known to happen, human mates rejecting their kind was rare but there had been reports of it happening and Taehyung knew the pain he would feel from Y/N rejecting him would be extreme and he wasn't ready to face that. Was he stupid for denying it for so long....yes, was he an idiot for pushing her away and treating her badly....yes but Taehyung wasn't perfect and now he would do his best to show Y/N that he wasn't all bad.  

"Wait, are your parents home?" Y/N asked as they reached the steps leading to a spacious porch.

"No, we don't actually have parents."  Taehyung forced a smile, the pain of losing his family wasn't as raw anymore but the feeling of loss was still there.

"Taehyung....I'm so sorry. I honestly didn't know, please forgive me." Y/N gently touched his arm, the emotion that invoked within him rendered the young werewolf speechless.

"It's okay, it was a long time ago and I'm over it now." He wasn't but he also wasn't ready to tell the real story behind what happened to his biological family.

"So, are they your real brothers?" Y/N asked, her voice soft and gentle which eased the turmoil within his heart.

"No, we've all got different parents but we all lost them in one way or another and I guess we just found each other and became a family."

"That's amazing, I would love to hear the story of how you all met."

"I can tell you that, maybe not today but we've got time." Taehyung wasn't ready to reveal his secret yet, he hoped she could be patient.

"Whenever you're ready Taehyung, I'll be here waiting." Y/N smiled.

"Thanks."

"I'm guessing all your brothers are home?" Y/N looked nervous which made him chuckle.

"Yep but they're good guys, you'll be fine." He walked up the steps with Y/N beside him.

"It's a beautiful house, surrounded by nature....it's my dream home actually."  Y/N chuckled as he fumbled through his satchel for the house key, he finally found it hidden underneath his notes from college and opened the door.

"I guess.... it's private and quiet which is good but sometimes I miss the city." Taehyung was still in two minds about his new home, he could see the charm but part of him was still missing their old place.

"I can understand that, it'll take some getting used......" Y/N's words trailed off, eyes getting wider if that was even possible as they stepped through to the open plan living space.

"Holy crap Tae....this place is amazing!" 

Taehyung laughed, watching as she made her way to the kitchen, her slender fingers dancing over the wooden table.

"I love this, everything about this place is so quaint and rustic and earthy. Did you guys decorate this?"

"No, it was already like this when we moved here." Taehyung was enthralled with the beautiful woman standing before him, he loved how passionate and animated she was when talking about something she loved.

"Well, whoever designed this place has some seriously good taste.

Taehyung smirked, opening his mouth to reply when suddenly another voice broke through the momentary silence.

"I couldn't agree more." The voice belonged to Jin as he entered the kitchen with a big smile on his face. "You must be Y/N, nice to finally meet you."

"You know about me?" Y/N blushed, placing her hand in his and smiling when he kissed the back of it.  

"I do, Taehyung told us all about you."

Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Thanks for making me look like some obsessed weirdo." He communicated through their pack link which only made Jin smirk over in his direction before turning back to Y/N. 

"Well, that's unexpected but sweet." Y/N replied which caused Taehyung to blush, he rarely blushed and he hated that she had this hold over him.

Suddenly the patio door flung open and five shirtless males piled through, eyes instantly settling on Y/N and lips curling into smiles.

"Hey Y/N! You already know me and Jungkook!" Jimin was the first to speak and the rest soon introduced themselves, all the while Taehyung couldn't help but smile fondly as his pack finally got to meet his mate.

"I'm so glad you're getting to know her." Jimin

"She's beautiful." Hobi

"She's really sweet." Namjoon

"Finally admitting she's your mate." Jungkook

"Don't mess this up kid." Yoongi

"Guys you're making her blush, maybe attacking the poor girl with introductions half naked wasn't the best of decisions." Jin

The five werewolves suddenly remembered their current state of undress and politely excused themselves as Y/N attempted to recover.    

"Do they always walk around like that." She whispered to which Taehyung and Jin laughed.

"They often go out on runs together, better get used to it if you plan on visiting us more." Jin winked before asking the two if they wanted a drink.

"Actually we're going out for a walk, I'm just going to get changed first." Tae wasn't sure if it was wise to leave Y/N alone with his brothers just yet so he motioned for her to follow him upstairs.

"She's beautiful Tae, happy for you."

Jin used the pack link as they headed upstairs.

"I know hyung, I know"