Feng Family's Choice

Start from the beginning

Feng Yu Heng frowned. Seeming completely confused, she asked her father: "Father, what do you mean by these words?"

Feng Jin Yuan absolutely could not stand her innocent appearance and fiercely said: "Ever since you came back, this manor has not been tranquil even once. Father asks you today, what exactly are you wanting to do? If you want seek revenge for being chased out of the manor three years ago, then direct it at your father. Why do you cause trouble for your eldest sister?"

Chen Yu came up with an excuse: "Second sister, previously, you were the daughter to the first wife. I loved you and respected you. Even though you left the capital, that had nothing to do with me. Why do you want to harm me so?"

Feng Yu Heng looked at the father and daughter pair, who were in perfect harmony. She put down the tea cup in her hand and stared straight at Feng Jin Yuan, not speaking for a long time. Just as Feng Jin Yuan was about to ask another question from feeling uncomfortable because of her stare, she faintly slightly opened her mouth and said: "Although this matter is very funny, I must again remind father. A-Heng is not someone with no temper, as you acted as you wished three years ago. If you still can not distinguish between what's right and what's right three years later, then you must provide me with a reasonable explanation." She turned her head and looked at Feng Chen Yu, "Might I ask eldest sister, what do you mean I forced you to play the zither? I also ask you, did father not say that a concubine's daughter must not steal the limelight of the daughter to the first wife?"

Chen Yu did not respond. Instead, it was the matriarch would responded, "That was indeed said, but how could playing the zither for a group of dancers be considered limelight?"

Feng Yu Heng nodded, "Grandmother is correct. A-Heng also believed this to be so and argued over this with Princess Ding An. Anyone who was present can attest to that. But that Princess Ding An insisted on saying that her palace's dancers were not like normal people. They were raised in the same way as a young miss. She also said that the Feng family's daughter being able to play the zither for her palace's dancers was a heavenly grace. A-Heng was sent to a remote area at nine years old and really did not know that this sort of change had happened in the capital. Princess Ding An spoke so decisively and resolutely that I could not help but believe her."

Feng Jin Yuan steadied his mind and asked Chen Yu: "Did Princess Ding An say something similar to what A-Heng described?"

Chen Yu was startled and helplessly nodded her head. She could only admit it. This was something that had been heard by many tens of madams and young misses. So long as Feng Jin Yuan casually investigated, he could discover the truth.

"Hmph!" The matriarch became angry, "A trivial lord's palace actually dares to say such things?"

Feng Yu Heng continued: "Not only this. Thinking about it, grandmother and father have not heard what happened next. That imperial daughter Qing Le privately met with a man in the back hall and was meddled with by everyone. When everyone entered, imperial daughter Qing Le's clothes did not cover her body, as she was in a bathtub with the man. The man was not even wearing clothes, yet imperial daughter Qing Le said that it was A-Heng that privately met with this man. She said that she went to catch me."

"What?" This time Feng Jin Yuan was also moved, "Do they take my Feng manor as some sort of incapable furniture merely for show?"

"There's more!" Feng Yu Heng was having fun telling this story, "This event was not only seen by the female guests, the male guests were also all present. Right before his Highness the seventh prince left, he said that he would inform the Emperor to sanction the marriage between imperial daughter Qing Le and that man; however, imperial daughter Qing Le begged Lord Ding An to have him speak with the Emperor. She did not want to marry that man, she wanted to marry Prince Yu, and she wanted to be the official princess."