The Real Reason for Offering Incense at Pu Du Temple

Start from the beginning

"So what if she was part of the dowry?" Feng Yu Heng sighed, "As the years change, so too will a person's heart."

The next day, Pu Du Temple arranged for the Feng family to offer incense and perform the lantern lighting ceremony.

The people of Feng family devoutly bowed to the Buddha and chanted sutras. Feng Yu Heng looked at this with cold eyes. Only Buddha could deliver all living beings from torment, but it was unknown if he could deliver them from the evil thoughts of their hearts. For such a family to come worship Buddha, it was truly ironic.

Offering incense and the lantern ceremony started early in the morning and ended in the late afternoon. After the ceremony, everyone's belly was rumbling from hunger.

During this time, Feng Yu Heng once again saw lord An Ding's daughter and nephew. That daughter once again looked at her with hostility, which made Feng Yu Heng laugh and cry.

After eating the vegetarian meal, Feng Jin Yuan announced to everyone that they would be remaining at the temple for another night. They would be returning to the capital first thing in the morning. After this, everyone dispersed.

The matriarch stayed behind.

Feng Jin knew what the matriarch wanted to ask and took the initiative to say: "Do not worry, mother. Everything has been arranged properly. Tomorrow morning, a nun will come down from the nunnery and take Chen shi away. The Feng manor will declare that Chen shi had remained at the nunnery to pray for the fortune of the Feng family."

The matriarch let out a sigh and nodded, "This is the correct decision. If that Chen shi were to remain in the manor, then sooner or later, a big problem will occur."

"That's right. The reason son arranged for the entire family to offer incense at Pu Du Temple was to find an excuse to get Chen shi out of the manor. This will also save some face for Chen Yu and Zi Hao."

The matriarch then thought of the matter with the Wen Xuan palace and could not help but feel the anger flare up, "If she were acting bossy at home, then it's whatever. I never imagined that she would offend imperial concubine Yun. Now she has also offended Wen Xuan palace. This mess, you will need to properly take care of it."

Feng Jin Yuan's head also felt swollen, as he also sighed, "Princess Wen Xuan's attitude, mother also saw. How could she be so easy to get along with. There is also sovereign Wu Yang, who, from childhood, had been like the ninth prince, a disaster provoking spirit, yet the Emperor still favored her."

The matriarch, however, did not believe that there was absolutely no method of breaking through, "Isn't Yao shi on good terms with her? Now that Chen shi has been taken care of, it's the perfect time to ease tensions with Yao shi. Ever since they have returned, you have not even been to their courtyard right?"

The matriarch's meaning was clear. She is your woman. You must go sleep with her.

But Feng Jin Yuan actually shook his head, "Placing Chen shi in the nunnery was a last resort, but her position as the head wife can not be taken. Furthermore, there is still Feng Chen Yu. She is the Feng family's true hope."

The matriarch lightly scolded him "Fool! Who told you to remove Chen shi from the position of head wife. I merely told you to visit Yao shi's room more often. Yao family's foundation is extremely deep. Now that the matter of marriage between A-Heng and the ninth prince has been set, you can no longer ignore her mother. Having Yao shi say a few more things to princess Wen Xuan would be best."

Feng Jin Yuan helplessly nodded, "Son will do his best."

The mother and son were chatting inside, but they did not think that outside the window, Chen Yu had been slow to leave and had heard the truth.