{ SIXTEEN }

CHAPTER 16 | Party

Vincent, Jaida and me were now standing by one of the school's gardens. We were waiting for Amber who had gone for her math's test results. None of us have had any tests but Amber, but we were going to have ours soon. Our English teacher told us we were having one next week.

Vincent was currently talking about how he got his foot stuck in the toilet.

"It was stuck in an odd position, and I couldn't pull it out, so I panicked. Then, after some struggling, I finally managed to pull it out, but my shoe was still there. I had to pull it out with my hands. Good thing the water was clean, otherwise it would've been disgusting."

Jaida and me were laughing at that. "But why did you even do that? Were you drunk or something?" Jaida asked.

"Yeah. I don't drink too much but yesterday I had a really bad day. And to make things worse, I had to be so dumb to do that. I was taking long strides and I happened to step exactly inside the toilet."

"Why didn't you call your parents?" I asked.

"No, that would have just worsened things way more. First, because they would find me in that embarrassing situation, and second, because they would find out I was drunk and would start throwing questions at me. So I had to struggle alone." He shrugged.

"And it still hurts a bit, but at least I didn't fracture it and I can still walk. What really is hurting right now is my head. It doesn't stop pounding." He said rubbing his forehead.

"Only you can make such stupidities when drunk, Vin." Jaida commented and we laughed.

"But why were you having a bad day? Just asking..." I asked.

"For some problems with my parents and, well-"

"BOO!"

Vincent let out a yelp when he heard Amber's voice on his ear behind him. He turned to glare at her while we all burst out laughing.

"Amber what the hell?!" He exclaimed as he put a hand on his chest. "Should we call you the queen of scares?"

"If you want, I like it." Amber said as she recovered from her laughing while Vincent rolled his eyes. "It's just that I'm very happy because, guess what! I got a B+ in my math test!"

"Nice." I said. "That's actually a good grade."

"I know, and I owe it all to Jai who helped me understand the problems. Thanks Jai!" Amber said as she pulled her into a hug.

She hugged her back. "It's nothing. I like to help."

"So." Amber said. "I heard Mr. Clark did some stupidities yesterday. What did you do, uh?"

"He got his foot stuck inside the toilet." I replied for him.

"Thank you, Zack." He replied sarcastically as Amber started laughing again.

"That's disgusting!" She said. "If I had been there, I would have flushed the toilet."

That made Vincent gasp and look at her with wide eyes. "You're evil!"

She giggled. "I know, I know."

We started walking around the school's gardens and buildings, talking about Vincent's incident until he grew uncomfortable of that topic.

So, Amber decided to make me uncomfortable now by bringing Mark to the conversation. "So, tell us Zack, are you and Mark like, friends now?"

"...I don't know. He doesn't bother me anymore, but he hasn't told me we are friends nor nothing like that."