Chapter Fifteen - The Sound of a Doe

Start from the beginning

       Hazel was blushing, but seemed more happy than embarrassed, and begin to tell the twins all about Arion, while they introduced themselves as Fred and George Weasley.

       Alli was able to sit the rest of her meal in silence, smiling into the pb&j which had miraculously found it's way into her hands. While the Weasley twins were eagerly soaking up the stories from Hazel and Percy about their quest in Canada, and gasping at all the right moments, Vasilis was clearly more interested in Hazel then the story. Normally, this would have angered Alli, as she was way over men treating women like objects. He wasn't though. Instead of staring at her body, he seemed transfixed by her face, following every shift in her features as she helped Percy animate the the events. He most likely could have stared at her all day, with Hazel not noticing, and Alli watching, but all too soon, lunch ended. As Alli left the hall with the others, she felt an unfamiliar feeling in her stomach, almost as though tiny bubbles were seeping up.

       It wouldn't last long.

.......

At three forty she climbed up through the trapdoor with everyone else, and shuffled to the side while examing the room. It was mostly fifth years, but Rachel and Annabeth were here as well. Piper quickly hailed them over and the three took seats at a table together. It appeared that the entire Gryffindor fifth year was taking divination, including, to Alli's disgust, Leo. He waved at her happily before sitting at a table with Something Thomas and Seamus Finnigan. The other two girls from her dorm sat at their own table, and Harry and the redhead did the same. Which left only a blond boy to plop down on a pouf. This was clearly old hat to many of them, but Alli found it disconcerting, the lack of direction. With a jolt, she realized who was missing. Hermione. Somehow this filled her with forbidding, but she pushed it aside for now and sat down on the floor next to the blond boy.

       The boy was larger than her, but still seemed quite intimidated. Alli gave him a small smile, but that only seemed to startle him, as he stared at her with large eyes. It was annoying her so much that she considered moving, but before she could, she saw movement, and an incredibly glittery woman stepped out from behind a wall.

       Alli's immediate thought was "monster." She looked too unatural, and sent out a false aura. Alli's mind filled with thoughts of shadows and sparkles, death, grim dogs, and great-grandmothers? Above all, she sensed an illusion of a stage, as though this woman was preparing for a performance.

      "Weelllcome, my children, to divinaaaation." The lady spoke in a trembling overly dramatic voice, which amused Alli.

       "Many of you have already begun to open the aall seeeing eeyye. But some of you are new, and your eyes tremble before the bright light of truuutth! Here- what is it, my dear?" she was cut off, sounding severely irritated, as Leo was waving his hand increasingly wildly.

      Leo grinned. "Yeah, so, I was just wondering, after we open this all seeing eye thing, are we gonna randomly pass out and spew green smoke? Or is that just Rachel?"

       "What?" she snapped. "Smoke? Of course not. And Rachel, what Rachel?"

      Rachel raised her hand sheepishly. "Um, that's me. I'm the Oracle of Delphi."

       "Oracle?" The lady's eyes flashed behind her spectacles. "What's this?"

      "Well, essentially, I am possessed by the spirit of Delphi,  and occasionally it takes hold of me and speaks a prophecy. And yes, I do tend to spew green smoke."