Chapter Eleven - The Speech

Hi all! Chapter eleven! Yay! Also, I'm almost to 500 views! Thank you so much everyone was who has been reading this, and to reward you for your awesomeness, I will be posting two chapters today. - Alex

Reyna stared back at the blond haired, black eyed boy in front of her. Wait, blond hair? Black eyes? How was that even genetically possible.
       A loud noise suddenly burst out from the other end of the table, most likely Leo making a ruckus, she thought. As the boy jerked his head to look towards the distraction, the light caught his eyes, and Reyna realized they were in fact an incredibly dark grey, a grey like a foggy winter night. It contrasted oddly with his almost white blond hair.
       She was shaken out of this observation when the headmaster, Dumbledore the Blue, stood up to address the student body.
       "Now that our transfers have been sorted, we may proceed. However, before our minds are muddled by an excellent speech, I have a few announcements to make. First of all, Mr. Filch would like me to remind you that all Zonko's products are strictly forbidden. Anyone who wishes to try out for their house teams should contact their head of house. Quidditch tryouts will be held on-"
       "Hem, hem."
       Reyna zeroed on the person who made the sound, and, to her disgust, it was the pink toad lady, wearing an awful fuzzy pink cardigan. She had already recognized her as the toad woman from the trial, who she hated. And already Reyna began to loath whatever she was going to say.
       The toad lady had stood up, though it was hard to tell, and made her way to the front of the table. Reyna was glaring at her. If looks could kill, the pink woman would have dropped dead.
       "Hem hem," the toad said again. Reyna clenched her teeth. "It's so lovely to be back at Hogwarts, and to see all these, young, smiling faces looking back at me." Reyna looked around. Not a single person was smiling. "Hem hem," the toad continued. She began a long winded speech that caused Reyna to want to grate her teeth together and impale someone with a spear. Finally, she finished, and a few strained beats of clapping echoed pathetically through the hall.
        Dumbledore stepped forward to complete his pre-dinner announcements, and finally brought his long hands together once in a clap.
        The food appeared. And by the gods, there was a lot of food. Mounds of meats and vats of puddings and stacks of pies, mountains of potatoes covered the table before her. Reyna gasped. Even the wind nymphs at New Rome would be hard pressed to match the magnificent feast before them.
       She heard Percy exclaim in delight, then lost herself in the food. She wasn't a particularly delicate eater, unlike Hazel and Alli, who gingerly picked out the fruit and vegetables, all while sending dirty looks towards the heaps of meat, which Reyna and the others quickly dug into. She couldn't help but notice that the boy with the grey eyes was also a violent eater, attacking his steak as though it was a scapegoat for all his troubles. Somehow, he managed to do this in a roughly refined way that mirrored Reyna's own methods. This was a stark contrast to his red head friends, who were tearing apart their food with wild abandon, flinging things hither and thither.
        Over an hour later, when everyone was delirious with good food, that plates magically cleaned themselves, and the students all stood to stagger of to bed.
       When they were out in the entrance hall, she caught the eye of the blond boy, who had been nervously eying the demigods, his deep eyes flicking back and fourth. "Hey," she hissed, gesturing. He hesitated, then walked over cautiously.
       He looked at her. "What's your name?" Reyna asked quietly.
       He blinked at her, his long blond eyelashes flickering. "Vasilis. Vasilis Lestrange."