Chapter Fifteen - The Sound of a Doe

Hello my furry friends. I find this chapter very insightful. And annoying yet satisfying. Please enjoy. - Alex

Alli kept her head down as she slipped into the great hall behind a group of slytherins. Her classes so far had been predictable, boring, easy, and absolutely infuriating.

      It wasn't even just Draco Malfoy! Although it was probably mostly him, she admitted to herself. History of Magic had been droning, you'd think people with magic might at least be interesting about their failures but nooo.

      She sighed as she dipped down into the bench next to Rachel. Rachel might be annoying, but at least she was nice. Unlike perfect pureblood. Alli couldn't have said what it was that made Draco so particularly infuriating, but she hated him all the same. At least her other two classes today were all Gryffindor. Most Gryffindor's just ignored her, which was great.

      She stared at the table listlessly. She honestly didn't know why she had even bothered to come to lunch. She wasn't hungry now, but, knowing she would regret not eating, she slipped an apple into her bag for later.

       The students had an entire hour for lunch, which was apparently considered the most important meal here. Alli merely stared at the others while they were eating. Hazel was sitting across from her, and shot her occasional smiles, but the really interesting person was sitting next to Hazel. The boy had a strong build, with obvious muscles that Alli couldn't help but admire. She had seen plenty of demigods all bulked up, but this boy's muscles, while obvious, weren't glaring. The build reminded her a bit of Percy, as did the haircut. His coloring was completely different though- befitting a son of Hades or Zeus. White blond hair, dark grey eyes.

      Unbidden, an image of Draco appeared in her mind, hair tousled from the bookshelf, grey eyes glaring, a scowl on his face. She was seized by a sudden irrational urge to ask this boy if they were related, but quickly pushed it away.

      To be honest, he was actually rather funny to watch. He pretend to be listening to his ginger haired friends, but was really focused on Hazel. He barely looked at her, but was so tense he flinched a little every time she moved.

       Alli smiled to herself. "Hey, Hazel."

       Hazel looked up, gold eyes shining. "Hey Alli, have a nice day?"

       Alli shrugged, "I suppose. I saw that boy Draco again." The blond clearly winced.

       Hazel looked interested. "The blond from the bookshop?"

       "Yeah whitesh blond, looks kind of like him." She nodded towards the boy beside Hazel, and his eyes flashed towards her. "Bit scrawnier though." His mouth twitched a bit.

       Hazel turned towards the boy. "You do look a bit like him, what's your name again?"

      The boy turned fully around, focusing on Hazel but watching Alli out of the corner of his eye. "Vasilis. Draco is my cousin."

       The two redheads turned towards them. "What's this?" the first one said.

      "Has Vasilis made a friend?" the second one added.

      Percy leaned over from behind them, grinning. "See, I told you they'd like you. That's Hazel, the one with the badmouthed horse."

      The twins, for they had to be twins, turned back to Hazel, evidently impressed. "You're the one with the cussing horse?"

       "Who cussed out an Amazon?"

       "Way cool."

      "We have to meet this guy."