XXIV. MISCHIEF NIGHT

Comincia dall'inizio

Harper rolled her eyes, "Kira, dummy!"

Scott's eyes widened and he placed his hand over Harper's mouth. Unfortunately, her happy mood meant she was also a little care free, and so her voice was a little louder than intended. Stiles just snorted.

"No!" Scott tried to play it cool as he let go of her face, looking back at Kira to make sure that she wasn't watching, "I mean, she's- she's new. She's cool."

"So, ask her out," Stiles advised carelessly as he zipped his bag and slammed his locker shut, moving in between Harper and Scott as the trio began to walk down the hall.

"Now?" Scott spluttered.

"Yes, now," Stiles spoke as if it was easy, as if he hadn't spent years pining over Harper.

"Right now?"

"Right now!" Stiles repeated, "Scott, I don't think you get it yet. You're an alpha. You're the apex predator. Everyone wants you, you know? You're like the hot girl every guy wants."

They paused in the hallway as Isaac joined them late to the discussion.

"I'm the hot girl?" Was all Isaac heard from Scott.

"You are the hottest girl," Stiles reminded him as he began to walk away, "Come on Harps," he called.

Harper jokingly winked and sent him a 'call me' sign before rushing off to follow her boyfriend.

"I'm the hot girl," Scott repeated, in some sort of trance as he held onto the straps of his backpack.

Isaac smiled, "yes you are."

Scott grinned and chuckled happily, a new confidence in his step as he began to walk away, Isaac staring after him and shaking his head in amusement.

...

"Son of a bitch!" The familiar roar of Coach Finstock echoed from his office as the economics class pulled out their books and put them on their desks, patiently waiting for their teacher to arrive.

Harper shook her head with a small smile as everybody began to chuckle, Scott and Stiles sending each other knowing looks.

"Mischief Night, Devils Night," Finstock snapped, throwing a pencil on the ground as he entered the room, slamming the door behind him, "I don't care what you call it. You little punks are evil."

Harper had no clue what had gone down in the office next door or what Stiles and Scott had done to the poor man, but she couldn't help but giggle along with the rest of the class. Stiles fiddled with the pin between his fingers, a grin on his face.

"You think it's funny every Halloween my house gets egged?" Coach questioned rhetorically as Scott smirked across at the Stilinski boy beside him.

Not only would the two teenagers play a prank on Coach Finstock every Mischief Night, but they would also head over to his house the next day only to egg it, hence all of the cartons building up in Stiles' locker.

"A man's house is supposed to be his castle!" Finstock carried on, smacking his hand down on Scott's death when the werewolf only chuckled louder, "mine's a freaking omlette!"