I Didn't Come to Pay Respects, I Came to Collect Debts

Start from the beginning

In reality, these things would never see use because Feng Yu Heng found that that person had already made the courtyards of the three very proper. Even the main rooms' had neat bedding, not to mention the furnishings of the rooms. They truly had everything they could ever want.

She just lay in the well-furnished room and slept deeply for the first time since transmigrating to this world.

The next day, Yao shi, Feng Yu Heng and Feng Zi Rui went together to Shu Ya courtyard to pay respects to the matriarch.

Because they lived far away, the manor's three young misses and two concubine mothers were already present. Chen shi was sentenced to solitary confinement, so she could not leave, and that Jin Zhen for some reason still had not appeared.

When the three appeared in the distance, Feng Fen Dai's eyes became red to the point of shooting fire.

Speaking of the past, she really only envied the good clothing that Feng Yu Heng worse. Presently, she was drooling over that Tong Shen pavilion.

Having her own residence, how great was that!

She had never thought a woman could receive such treatment. In her mind, women stayed at home, starting with their fathers, to marrying her husband, to the death of husband and wife. Before marriage, she would live at home. After marriage and until death, she would live with her husband's family. How could there be a home that could be considered her own.

Although Tong Sheng pavilion was still part of the Feng manor in name, it had its own deed and its own land. That small moon gate, which Feng Yu Heng could fill at will, would mean that it had nothing to do with the Feng manor.

This sort of life, Feng Fen Dai wanted a chance at.

Fen Dai was not the only one with such thoughts. Chen Yu was also jealous to an extreme.

Although the Feng family said that everything was done with her in mind and would make the best arrangements for her, she had to pay a price. She had to maintain a face worthy of being the Empress dowager and maintain a certain degree of virtue. Heaven knows how many times she had been furious to the point of insanity, but she did not dare butt heads with elders the same with Feng Yu Heng did. She did not dare strive to better her own conditions. Feng Chen Yu did not have freedom. She only had what could be described as an infinitely bright future.

But... that was the future!

Yao shi and Feng Yu Heng had come walking slowly, with Feng Zi Rui behind them, also walking in a well-behaved manner. He did not appear to be like a normal child who would look everywhere out of curiosity.

The three entered the room and properly saluted the matriarch paying their respects.

THe matriarch, seeing the three people appear before her eyes once more, felt differently than she did when she saw them the day they returned.

"Quickly get up." She did her utmost to appear more amiable. Facing Feng Zi Rui, she beckoned to him: "Dear grandchild, come over to grandmother."

Feng Chen Yu's expression immediately sank. Last night, Feng Zi Hao had just caused such a disturbance, and now the matriarch was acting in such a way to Feng Zi Rui. It could not help but make her overthink.

Feng Zi Rui obediently went up but did not get too close. He only advanced a few steps before saluting again: "Zi Rui pays respects to grandmother. It has been a long time since I last fulfilled my duty to my elders. I hope grandmother will not blame me."

"I do not blame, not at all!" Feng Zi Rui's sensibility made the matriarch think of the time when Yao shi was the head wife and could not help but be filled with emotions. At that time, the Feng family truly had the wind at their backs. How could there be such worrying things like in the present. "Granny Zhao, quickly give them a seat."