He has been super helpful in many ways.

But even sometimes he couldn't help with the nightmares I got every single night.

Anyways as we sit down and wait for the show to commence Justin isn't by my side anymore.

Confused I look around and the lights go down, and the curtain opens..

Justin.

What the heck was he doing up there?

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He spoke out of the blue, "I know you're having a very difficult time, and that you've been trying so hard, and if you just give me a chance, I promise you that I'll do anything to make you happy."

What the fuck? I did not see this coming once again.

Classy of him to do it in front of people so I had to respond.

Saying no was the first thing that came to mind, because I didn't like him. He was nice, and just a great friend. I didn't feel the same.

I would describe my heartache as like an insatiable fire that burnt all the oxygen in my body leaving me listless and empty.

But now it is more like a thin layer of ice, cooling my insides, a gentle reminder of the pain that came before and a warning not to stoke that fire again.

I can't see myself putting my heart out there again, I don't think it can survive another inferno.

But something inside of me switched.

Suddenly I was thinking back to the recent events that have happened to me, back in Utah, from the day I stepped foot in California, that picture and to this exact moment. Sadness, Anger, disappointment, filled my body...Without any doubt I responded.

"Yes."

I wasn't ready to be in a relationship.

I hear claps around us as he stepped off and joined the seat next to me and he had a smile plastered across his face.

"Justin, I need to let you know something." I say

"Go right ahead."

"I said yes, but I'm not exactly ready for a new relationship. You know how I feel and it-" I get cut out mid sentence.

"It's completely fine, I understand and I am just happy you said yes." Justin says and I say no more as we both face the stage and wait for the show to commence.

Once the show is over Justin and I walk out, he leads the way to his motorcycle, as we put on our helmets and he drives somewhere else.

We arrive to the old fashioned ice cream shop he brought me to once, we take a seat and someone comes over to take our orders.

"Just like our first date." Justin says with a smile.

"That was not a date Justin." I say rolling my eyes.

"For me it was, this can count as your first then." I just smile and look at the drink in front of me getting lost in thought.

I was not fully comfortable with this situation and it would take some time to fully be aware of what had just happened.

Something I kept asking myself was was how I was supposed to act when dating him, I've only been in a relationship once and I thought it would last forever.

But the only way we'll last forever is broken together.

~~
When Justin drops me off I step inside the dorm and Kennedy looks right at me, "What's wrong?"