Chapter 13

Just five more minutes. Five more minutes and I'll get to go home. I don't even know how I managed to sit around here all day even though I thought I couldn't. I feel very weak. But, I won't run. I'm done running away from this. And even if I wanted to, I won't be able to run away forever. I would eventually get tired and life would catch up with me. And I don't want to do that.

"Hey Sarah, are you feeling alright?"

I turn towards Hope who is sitting right beside me.

"Yeah why?"

"You don't look so good."

"I just feel a little tired. That's all."

"And I think I know why. It's okay Sarah. Everything will return back to normal soon."

"Thanks Hope."

"I'll always be there for you Sarah."

Suddenly the bell starts ringing. Finally, I can go home now.

"Okay class, you need to turn in your essays on chemical bonding next week."

"Let's go Sarah."

"Yeah, let's go."

We walk out of our class and then exit the building.

"Hey, Sarah I've got an idea..."

"I hope it's not one of your crazy ones because we both know how they end."

"With us getting grounded for weeks?"

"Yep."

"Actually, I was thinking that since it is Friday today, we could take a walk at the beach."

"That sounds good to me."

"So, what time shall we meet there?"

"Five o' clock?"

"Five o' clock it is. So, what are your plans for the weekend?"

"I don't know Hope. I'm really not in the mood to make any plans right now."

"That's okay Sarah. I completely understand why. Hey come on, let's go to Burger King and eat some thing."

"Yeah I could use some food right now."

"Just don't stress eat because I don't have that kind of dough."

"Hey!"

I punch her hard on the shoulder.

"Ouch! What was that for?"

"I don't stress eat."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well, if I remember correctly, I wasn't the one who ate the whole tub of ice cream when we were watching How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days."

"That wasn't stress eating! I was just so engrossed in watching the movie that I didn't notice I had finished the whole tub."

"You didn't even give me a single bite Sarah. You caused me a lot of pain that day."

I start laughing.

"Hey, at least I didn't drink Pepsi six times in a row and then burp loudly and embarrass myself."

She starts laughing.

"Oh my god, I still remember that. It was all because they had free refills."

"Yeah, you got a lot of dirty looks that day Hope."

"Sarah you know what?"

"What?"

"You and I are like a really small gang."

Seeing ThroughOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara