He remained quiet, staring down at the table. I sighed.

"Your termination has been cancelled. You can go back to work." I said pointing my head towards the door. He immediately stood up from his seat, gave me a nod and rushed out before I could change my mind. Seems he is pretty smart. I just shrugged my shoulders and resumed my work that's when another knock came.

"Come in." I answered without looking up.

"Re-hiring someone, seems Katherine Smith is losing her touch."

I sighed. This day was going way too smooth for me. I looked up to find Ryder standing by the door, both his hands in the pockets of his expensive Armani suit. His hair was styled messily and looked like he just ran his fingers through them a couple of times. His eyes were shining mysteriously and I knew this time he was not here just to mess with me.

"What brings you here Mr. Black?" I asked him.

Ryder chuckled and walked towards me. He put both his hands on the edge of the table and leaned in.

"You." He whispered and I swear I felt all the oxygen leaving my lungs. Ryder leant in a little more. His dark grey eyes stared at mine and I was so lost into them, I forgot how to breathe.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said taking a step back, pulling out the chair and sitting in front of me. That pulled me out of the trance he had locked me into.

"Should not Joffery be here? You share all your dirty little secrets with him after all." I said with a fake smile.

"This does not need to involve Joffery."

"What is it Ryder? If you are here to talk about the engagement I think it is better to sit down and talk about it like humans and of-course in Joffery's presence."

"No, it's not about the engagement. However, we do need to talk about that."

"So, what is it about?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Josh." he said one word and that was enough to tell me where this was heading and to infuriate me but I tried to keep my composure.

"I don't think Josh is any of your business but what do you have to say about him?"

"What do you know of him? Do you even know him at all?"

"I know enough Ryder."

"Really? What if he turns out to be someone you don't think he can be?"

"He could not turn out worse than you, could he?" I tilted my head to the side with an evil fake smile. I saw his face contracting with pain and today it felt good.

"Are you done Ryder?" I asked.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" He countered frowning.

"Not that it is any of your business but I have a date."

"With Joffery?"

"Josh." I said rolling my eyes.

"Kat, you could not be seen out in public on a date with another man." He said with exasperation.

"I know that is why I invited him to my house."

"You what?" He stood up from his seat.

"Don't have a cow Ryder." I said getting up from mine as well but not to have another round of WWE it with him. I picked up my phone and called Jennifer.

"Please call John for me before my father could get hold of me." I disconnected the call and looked at Ryder.

"I have had a great day so far Ryder. Well up until you showed up. I had no encounter with my father which is a miracle and even you should be warned that he is planning his next move in silence and I have a good thing to look ahead for. So please, do not ruin this."

"Don't do this Kat." His voice was soft, almost whispering. I felt a shiver run down through me. It felt as if he is trying to stop me and not only from walking out of this cabin. It felt he is trying to stop me from walking out of his last.

And I almost did. I almost put my bag down. I almost gave up and then it hit me. It was not me who left. I didn't abandon him. He was the one who broke my heart and left.

There is an amazing man waiting for me. He has always been so supportive of me, standing by me and he never expects anything in return.

It's time I give myself another chance. It's time I let go.

"Don't follow me Ryder. We are done. We were done two years back, the day you decided to choose your father's legacy over me. Over us. I wasn't worth it then for you and you are not worth giving up on everything else right now for me."

I walked away from him and with every step I took, my heart fell into my stomach. My lungs contracted, making it impossible to breath. But I knew I had to keep walking away.

RYDER'S POV

I watched her walking away from me. And once again I felt helpless. I felt chained. It was breaking me all over again, seeing the love of my life walking away from me and all the events from two years back replayed in front of my eyes. I wanted to move. To go after her. To stop her and tell her how much I missed her. How much I loved her, that I never stopped loving her and never will in a million years. If only I could tell you everything right now Katherine.

But I won't let you walk away from me, not this time. I won't give up. I never stopped fighting for us, not then and I won't stop now.

You belong to me, with me. I love you and this time I won't just let you go Katherine Smith Black.

Author's note: Sooooooooooo, what's the secret Ryder been hiding for years? What past has he been holding on to and what cards are Mr. Smith going to play? Ah there is so much going through my mind right now. The date's coming up in next chapter which I will try to update by next week and talking about updates... People I love you and I love all the amazing responses I get and that you are all always excited for the next chapter but please stop harassing me on personal messages to update. I try as much as I can but I have a life you know. For those who have supported this book so far, thank you. I love you all.