fifty three

Aliza's PoV

I was currently on hour two of laying here wide awake with a heavy arm over my belly. That heavy arm belonged to the love of my life but oh god did it make me sweat. But I rode through the heat because there was nothing or no one else I would rather be sweating to death because of other than Steve.

After Bucky left, Steve took his place in consoling me and that he did. I stopped thinking about Tony as we watched movie after movie and stole kiss after kiss. But now the sound of Steve's steady breathing accompanied the whirring insecure thoughts in my head. Now that I was alone with my consciousness, my mind went back to Tony. I really wanted to talk to him but I couldn't comprehend why he didn't want to talk to me. Technically, I should be the one that's angry since he said worse things to me during our fight. But I forgave him long ago and that's what hurts.

I was getting extremely bored and decided to do something about it so I slowly leaned over to place a soft kiss on Steve's cheek before carefully moving out from underneath him. It was a struggle but once I was free I finally got to stretch my limbs and it was like I was as light as a leaf. I sighed and gave him one last look before tip toeing out of the room.

The dark hallways of Stark tower were one of my favourite parts of wandering around in the night because to me, they weren't that dark. Even in the night time when your vision is almost pitch black, you can see the faint glint of the frames that I insisted Tony adorn the walls with. And in those frames contained the memories I had once lost and now hold so dear to me.

The only sound lighting up the tower at this time was the light patters of my footsteps against the cold floor. The same cold floor that made me wish I was wearing something other than Steve's t shirt and my pyjama shorts. It was such a furnace in my room that I didn't even think to wear my fluffy slippers and that was a decision I was deeply regretting. I practically jumped on to the sofa once I reached the living room. I used my powers to levitate an apple from the kitchen to me and began quietly munching on it as I started an episode of Breaking Bad.

It was during my 3rd episode that another idea popped in to my head.

"Hey, FRIDAY?" I gently whispered.

"Yes, Miss Stark." Her voice boomed and I covered my ears at the sheer amount of volume she just used.

"God, night time voice, please. Everyone's sleeping."

"Yes, Miss Stark." She answered once more in a much lower voice. It was to the point where I could imagine her just sitting right next to me. I picked at my nails, feeling unusually nervous in front of something that was essentially a computer program. But I knew it wasn't the AI I was nervous of. It was the nature of what I was about to ask.

"Do you have any videos or pictures from when I was a kid?"

"Many. Would you like me to play them?"

I fiddled with the ends of my hair for a second before sitting up cross legged on the sofa and throwing the blanket over myself. "Yeah. Play any."

There was a moment of silence before the screen changed from my paused episode to a grainy home video.

"Tony. Come say hello to your little sister."

The only thing in the frame was a bundle that I quickly realised was me. My eyes were wide, darting from corner to corner. The camera then moved to the side to reveal a small Tony perched up on a desk with a pen and various papers spread out in front of him.

"Mom! I'm busy!"

"Anthony Edward Stark. You come here right now."

That was my dads voice. Tony's body turned rigid and he quickly scrambled off his seat and came next to me. I smiled in sympathy at the Tony in the video even though he obviously couldn't see it. It just hurt that their father son relationship was never what it could have been.