fourty four

Aliza's PoV

Tony and I walked in to the living room, hysterical at the fact that he almost crashed his car because he didn't want to drive past a bird.

"You're such a softie, honestly." I patted his shoulder with one hand as my other hand held a filled to the brim fast food bag. I definitely had the munchies right now which is strange because it never really hit me this hard. I had already consumed 3 burgers and 3 fries, along with a 1 litre bottle of coke on the way here, and I still had another 4 meals in the bag. Thank god for fast metabolisms.

My eyes immediately shifted to find Steve, who was sat secluded in the corner. I instantly made movements to approach him. I never thought I'd be the type of girl to actually miss someone when I haven't been with them for a few hours but here we are and I couldn't bring myself to hate it.

Just as I was about to step forward, Bucky's large form intercepted.

"Hey Bucky. I got you something." I pulled out a bag from behind my back. His eyes lit up in excitement but when he opened the bag, that quickly disappeared.

"Plums?!"

Tony and I burst out laughing. I heard the low sound of a phone ringing and moments later, I felt an absence beside my body meaning Tony had exited the room.

"What? You're the one who told me they're good for memory." I shrugged my shoulders as I tried to hold in my giggles.

"Yeah, but I would have still liked a burger too." He pouted and looked back down in the bag, obviously not satisfied with just the fruit.

"Good thing I got you one then." I pulled out a burger and chips from my bag and placed them in his hand. He smiled childishly and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek, causing a look of disgust to cross my face. As I tried to side step past him he gripped on to my arm.

"Thank you for the food but I stopped you for a reason." He glanced back at Steve who still had made no effort to even acknowledge the fact that we're home. "I'd be careful. He knows about what happened today." I blinked rapidly and gulped. I patted Bucky's arm in gratitude before finally passing him and walking towards Steve.

His ears slightly perked up at the sound of my shoes, but he didn't glance up from the book he was reading. I stood in front of him, waiting for a reaction but was just met with silence.

"Hey....I got you some food." I placed the bag down on the table and sat down beside him cautiously. The tension was high and suffocating and the awkward silence wasn't making it any better. He spoke up without even a hint of any emotion.

"You eat it. You must be really hungry after getting high at work today."

My eyes bulged and the room went silent. I couldn't even hear Bucky chewing anymore.

"Wow, you just dived right in there didn't you?" I mumbled and exhaled deeply.

"Listen Steve-"

"No, for once you listen." He slammed the book down making me shift in my seat uncomfortably as he turned to face me. The outrage couldn't be mistaken for anything else.

"I supported you after that mishap in training, but today you went and accused the girl and then attacked her. Again! You can't keep doing this Aliza." His voice boomed and I backed away, slightly intimidated. I straightened my back and finally found my voice.

"First of all, mishap? The girl wanted to land me in the hospital. And secondly, accused? I know she's the one that slipped something in the coffee. You don't believe me?" I crossed my arms and scoffed in disbelief. My arms dropped as I saw the hard, unwavering look on Steve's face.