seven

Aliza's PoV
"Wake up!" I was awoken with a soft pillow being thrown at my head. Did I say soft? Because it felt like my head was rammed into a wall.

"What the hell?" I slowly fluttered my eyes open but stayed bundled up in my duvet. My arms and legs were spread open like a starfish and my hair was sprawled across my pillow.

"I've been gone for three weeks. Don't I at least get a hug?" I finally realised who the demon was who woke me up. From the corner of my eyes I could see that it was just starting to get light outside. What time was it? After I took a deep breath I lifted my head up to meet those piercing blue eyes that I had missed so dearly. But at first they were blurry so i had to vigorously rub at my eyes before my vision was even close to clear.

"Steve. I missed you and I'm so happy that you are back but if you ever wake me up at-" I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and checked the time. "5.34am! What the hell is wrong with you?!" I'm sure I looked crazy at this point. My hair was sticking up and my eyeliner from yesterday that I can never get the last of had probably smudged underneath my eyes.

"Well, I wanted to see you." He had a sheepish grin on his face. Damn him and his cuteness. I rubbed my hands over my face and let out a small yawn.

"Well you've seen me now. So please leave and I'll see you in 4-6 hours." I flopped back into my pillow and closed my eyes. I didn't hear any movement so I peeled open one eye. Steve was still standing there with his hands in his pockets and was just looking around my room. His eyes locked on the picture on my desk. He quietly walked over and picked it up to examine it. It was the picture we had taken at Central Park. I was looking at the camera but he was looking down at me. Then he glanced to the stuffed panda bear that he had won me at Coney Island. Then to the wire frame hanging on my wall that had different pictures of me, me and my brother in London and then some of me and Steve. I had never had the privilege of decorating my room before so I tried to make this one as homey as possible. Steve was the complete opposite, I don't even think I've seen a single picture frame in his apartment.

"Are you here to watch me sleep?" My voice came out muffled because my head was still somewhat stuffed in my pillow. He let out a soft chuckle and then turned around. He stuffed his hands back in his pockets and just stood there. I groaned and lifted my head up again, propping myself up on my elbow.

"What's up Steve?"

"Well, I accidentally, maybe, kind of...lost my key while I was away." I raised my eyebrows but a confused expression fell over my face.

"Okay? So, what, do you want me to come with you to get a new one?" I was so sleepy and I really just wanted this conversation to be over so I could get back to sleep.

"I mean, if you want to. But the thing is, I won't be able to get a new key until the super wakes up. And I don't want to disturb him right now."

"Right. You've just come to disturb me instead." I whispered hoping he didn't hear.

"What was that?" He had a smirk on his face. I think he heard.

I waved my hand as if to dismiss the thought. "Nothing, nothing. Right. So you need somewhere to sleep."

"I was hoping it's okay if I could crash on your couch. Just until he gets up which will hopefully be in a few hours."

"First of all, you didn't even need to wake me up and ask. Secondly, shut up and just get in the bed." I planted my face once more into my pillow and closed my eyes.

"Aliza, wait, I have no problem with the couch. are you-"

"Yes I'm sure. Because the sofa is tiny and you're not. Now get in before I throw something at you. My eyes might be closed but you're so big I'm bound to hit something." There was some shuffling and I felt the bed dip on the other side. I instantly felt warmer but that wasn't all. My heart fluttered as I thought about Steve laying next to me. I shouldn't be feeling like this. I furrowed my eyebrows and peered over my shoulder to look at him. His eyes were closed and his hair was messy already, flopping over his eyes. I let out a heavy sigh and turned back around. There was a small cut on his cheek and my fingers twitched but I held back from reaching up and touching it. Where did that come from? It was hard but sleep finally overcame me.