eleven

Aliza's PoV

Steve had to leave me because Tony needed him for some last minute preparations and he left his suit there, which is understandable because he hadn't been home in over a month. I was told it was a really fancy party and I didn't realise how seriously rich Tony was until I found out he lives in an actual tower. Nonetheless, I digged out a dress I had bought a few months ago on a whim and quickly put it on. I did my makeup and hair and stepped back, taking my full imagine in.

I looked good.

I smiled and stuffed everything into a small clutch before calling an Uber. I was impatiently waiting for about 3 minutes before I locked my doors and raced down to exit the building. I instantly regretted that decision because heels and running do not go well together.

The driver made small talk throughout the journey but all I could think about was seeing Steve. My heart was thumping so hard that I wouldn't be surprised if the driver could hear it. I almost tripped on the way out of the car and warily looked around, making sure no one had seen. Thankfully no one had since they were too busy rushing in to the tower I had arrived to. My head craned up and I could just about see a large, illuminated A attached to the side of it. I wonder what it stood for?

It was windy outside, the bottom of my dress being softly flung up every few seconds. Goosebumps began forming on my skin and I shivered slightly in my spot as I questioned myself for not bringing any sort of jacket. I was just so excited when I was leaving that it completely slipped my mind. I looked around at my surroundings. This was definitely a nice part of town. There weren't many people out, but then again, why would there be at almost 11pm?

I was bought out of my thoughts by some giggling girls passing by me. I was contemplating to just turn back around and go home but decided against it because I knew Steve would be upset. At least I hoped he would. I didn't know what was going through his brain at this point. Had he broken up with Sharon? He must have after finding out about the hospital. But that didn't necessarily mean that he liked me now, did it?

Those were just some of the questions running through my mind but I decided they were something to worry about another night. Tonight I just wanted to have fun, so I sprayed myself once more and finally walked through the doors in to the building.

One word.

Breathtaking.

The inside was modern and stylish but at the same time, had a strange distinct feeling of home to it, which honestly weirded me out a little bit. I stopped gawking once I received a strange look from the security guard and entered the elevator, humming as I waited for it to move.

"Welcome Ms Dawood. Mr Stark is expecting your arrival." I almost leapt out of my skin. I looked around trying to find the source of the voice.

"Who said that?" I mumbled quietly.

"I am JARVIS. I am Mr Starks personal AI."

"Woah. That's amazing. And you're British! Hey quick question Jarvis. How does Tony know my surname? Since I've moved here, I haven't said it to anyone and even had it legally removed." Before the AI could answer, the elevator doors opened to reveal my favourite billionaire.

"Because I told you. I'm a genius."

"Tony!" I exclaimed and ran up to him, catching him in a tight hug. I had truly missed him and I was so excited to see him tonight.

"Easy there. You'll crinkle my suit." I let go and slapped him lightly on the shoulder with fake offence before adjusting his suit jacket. His bow tie was undone but it kind of went with the look.