13

Day before Hell In A Cell
_________________________
"Tess, wake up," I hear Seth mumble into my ear. I groan and turn away from him. "Shh, I need a couple minutes more," I say, pulling the blankets over me. Seth chuckles a bit before getting up. "Well I guess you can explain to Vince and Stephanie why you were late to media," he says. I quickly sit up in bed. "Coming," I say.

After our little moment on the couch, we laid down on the bed and talked about everything. From when we first broke up all the way till now. But deep down, I knew what I did was the dumbest and wrong thing to do but I couldn't let Seth hit Finn. I don't need them to get in trouble before a big payperview. I have to talk to Finn and tell him the truth.

"Seth, I have to go. I'll see you later," I tell him. Seth nods and watches while I walk out. I leave the room and run into Dean. Dean looks at me funny before saying, "Tess? What are you doing here?". I bite my lip before booking it to the elevator. I hear Dean call out for me and once I turned around, the elevator door shut. I hit the elevator floor I was on with Finn and took a deep breathe.

Tessa, you are screwed.
***
Finn and I had media together all day and it was nothing but silence. We did not speak to each other going to the interview we had this morning on a radio talk show and nothing either on our way to the meet and greets. We finally reached our last talk show and we were currently sitting down, taking a break.

Finn was invested into his phone and whoever he was texting since this morning. I clear my throat, trying to catch his attention.

Nothing.

I get up and sit next to him. "Are you gonna talk to me or not? We can't mix our personal stuff with the job we have to do," I say in a whispered tone. Finn looks at me, setting down his phone. "Care to explain why you were in Seth's room this morning? And why Dean saw you and you ran away!?" Finn says in between gritted teeth.

I moved around in my seat a bit, clearing my throat. "Exactly, don't bother talking to me. You honestly think that everything is okay with us? Ha," Finn says, before getting up. "Finn-" I say but get interrupted by the talk show host. "Hey guys, ready to go?" she says, smiling at us.

We look at the lady and nod, faking the best smile we could ever give out. Finn grabs my hand, squeezing it a bit before walking out and following the girl. I pull away my hand and wrap my hands around myself.

See what happens when you do this clownery, Tess? You hurt the ones you love.

***
"Thank you for joining us, we are currently with Tessaline and Finn Balor. Gonna talk a little bit about wrestling and how Tessa is changing the women's division," Ryan says. Finn smiled at him, nodding. "Tell us Finn, how proud are you of your wife?" Ryan says, pointing to me. I look at Finn, smiling a bit. "Oh, I'm so proud of her. You have no idea how much chemistry her and Seth have. It's incredible. Sometimes I get surprised," he says, while looking at me. I adjust myself in the chair and look down.

"Wow, I heard Seth and you were at some time dating. How is it facing him?" Ryan asks me. I looked up, clearing my throat. "Oh, Seth? Yeah, we dated. Knowing that I will be fighting for a belt that means a lot to the women AND men's division is an honor and to have it be Seth, someone who is currently killing it, is also an honor," I say. "If it was me, I would have put Seth in a headlock by now," Finn says, making Ryan and his crew laugh a bit.

I stifle a chuckle, looking down. "And what about you, Finn? Any match you are interested in seeing tomorrow besides your wife's match?" Ryan asks. "Yeah, I do. But I won't say it cause then it won't be a surprise. And I might bring someone out with me," Finn says with a wink.

"Oh, I'm definitely gonna watch tomorrow night. And you can watch it too on the WWE network for only $9.99. And guess what? The first month is free. You don't want to miss the action. Thank you so much guys for coming out. Maybe we can have you guys come back when you win the title, Tess," Ryan says with a smile.

I smile a bit and nod. "Let's hope I win," I say. "And we are off," someone says out. I take off the headsets and put then down on the table. We say our thank you's and walk out. "We are gonna talk once we get to the hotel room," Finn whispers in my ear. I look up at him and nod, walking out towards the front door.

The car ride to the hotel was so awkward and silent. We are never like this and since we have been married, we never had a fight like this till now. Thinking about what I did the night before with Seth made me feel disgusted and I wanted to hate myself. I vowed to never do anything stupid and yet here I am, doing the exact opposite. I couldn't help but start to silently cry. I turned my body away from Finn, trying for him not to hear my silent sobs.

"We are here," the driver says to us. Finn gets out, going around to open my side. I slip out and quickly go into the hotel. I wiped away my tears and walked inside the elevator. There was another silent ride till we got into the room. I kicked off my heels and sat on the couch.

Finn slips off his shoes, unbuttoning his jacket. He sits next to me, sitting back. "Seth, huh?" he says, looking at me. "It was only a kiss. I did not sleep with him. The reason I ran away from Dean was because I was scared and didn't want to explain myself," I tell Finn. He scoffed and sat up, looking up at me. "But why Seth? You couldn't find Roman or Dean? You must still have feelings for him," Finn says to me while unbuttoning his shirt.

I look down to the floor and take in a deep breathe. "No, I don't," I mumble. "What was that?" Finn says, holding my head up to meet his eyes. "No, I don't," I say. Finn squints his eyes a bit and lets my head go. "I don't understand why you did this to me. You always do this. And I always forgive you. Don't you think its embarassing for me?!" Finn says, raising his voice. I wince a bit, looking back down at my hands. "Do you want me to be rough with you, like him! Maybe you want me to touch you, just like he did. What? Am I not enough?" he says while getting up. "You pushed me on the floor and yelled at me!" Don't you think that's rough enough?!" I yell, getting up from the couch.

"When!?"Finn says, getting closer to my face. "Last night! You were drunk and yelled at me to leave. Once you saw I was not leaving, you pushed me!" I say, getting closer to him. Finn's face softened a bit, stepping back. "What? No, I would never lay my hand on you," he says, looking down at his hands. "Well you did. Roman never picked up and I did not want to bother Dean. So Seth was my last option. All that happened was a kiss and that was all," I explain myself, looking at him.

Finn puts one hand on his hip, using his other to rub the back of his head. Finn breathed in sharply, walking off to the room. He shuts the door, leaving me there confused and upset. I clenched my fists, sitting back down in the couch.

Good job, Tess.