xxiii → the town with no name.

^^ listen to the song while you read it's good i promise

𝖔𝖍 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖓 𝖔𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖔 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖓𝖊.

Y/N'S POV

THE DRIVE WASN'T REALLY A LONG ONE, but a terrible one nevertheless. Along the way, we would stop for a night, and then hightail it out of there, because I couldn't stand the fact that the whole country was basically looking for me. It's scary, in case you've never experienced it, and if you have, well you'll know it's hell.

"You guys?" Nick asks nervously. All three of us stand beside the car on some deserted side road.

"What is it now?" Finn asks, still in his argument with Nick.

"I thought I brought extra gas but apparently I didn't..." he replies.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Finn looks like he's had just enough, "okay, so what the hell are we supposed to do now mr. adult chaperone?" 

"You know what Finn? I don't know. I don't know how to run away, hide a girl from the police, navigate these roads, and you know what?" he pauses, "I don't know how we're gonna get some gas."

"Both of y-" I try to interrupt, but Finn thinks otherwise.

He looks back at me, "please don't get into this," he says with more sincerity than before.

I stand up, "but this is all my fault! Why should I stay out of this if I was the one who got us all into this mess in the first place?"

"No, no, no, this isn't your fault. you know what could've been your fault?" he asks and I start to get worried.

I shake my head no.

"It would have been your fault if you gave into that guy at the airport, who knows what could've happened. I would rather fly into space than never see you again." he turns back around to face Nick, who is now rubbing the back of this neck with his hand, "which is why we're ditching the car."

Nick perks up, "you have to be kidding me," Nick laughs and Finn stares at him, "wait, you're not kidding?"

"No! I'm serious, what are we supposed to do with a car without gas?"

Nick opens his mouth as if to speak, but then quickly closes it thereafter.

"Y/n? You wanna do this?" Finn questions.

"There's not any other option, so yeah I guess."

"Things are going to be okay," he says, knowing not to touch me now because I might freak out. 

he knows there is too much going on.

FINN'S POV

"Okay, so just to make sure, nobody knows where the hell we are or where the hell we're going, right?" I plead to the group. Everybody replies negative, and I choose to go left because back was the way we came from, and right was a cliff.

=TIME SKIP=

We walk for an hour and to our disbelief, we find an established little town, very West from wherever me might be. And I could tell Nick was relieved, literally, because he insisted he wouldn't pee in a bush, and that he'd wait until whenever we found a washroom.

As for y/n? She remained neutral, knowing that we probably wouldn't be staying here very long. This town looked like the wild west came to life, meaning it fit neither of us because we had only seen such things in movies. The truth is, there weren't any tumbleweeds, saloons, and we all decided that we just wouldn't believe that there was a pub that was transformed into an urban outfitters. It looked like someone took a rodeo from a book and modernized it, to say the least.

"Welcome to fantasy island," y/n quoted from the movie jokingly. She notices a group of young people, about our age, and decide that it's best that we ask them where we are. We draw closer to them, and they start to whisper and point to us. In other words, they looked like the mean girls. 

"Who are you?" the blonde one asks.

"Actu-" y/n tries to say.

"We were talking about pretty boy, not you." another blonde one says, except she has ringlet hair. y/n chokes on air and turns to face me, trying to hold back hysterical laughter. 

"Oh, me?" I say, "I'll tell you who I am once you tell me where we are," 

They look confused, "what do you mean, where we are? we're just here."

"Well isn't there a name?" y/n asks.

"Nobody's bothered to give it one, I guess," a red head says, "now who are you?"

"I'm her boyfriend," I give the group a sly look, and they all pout. y/n lets out a small chuckle.

"where are you from?" a shy brunette asks, looking like she doesn't belong in the group.

"vancouver," I answer, naturally, and once again, they give a confused look.

"van-coo-vur?" she laughs, "what is that?"

"it- it's a.." I begin.

"It's fine, we don't need to know," the first blonde remarks.

They weren't dressed for their surroundings, to say the least. They wore a wide spectrum of pink and purple, which was displayed upon short dresses, some with sequins, and others with bows and lace. 

Nick sneaks up behind us, "uh, you guys?" he asks and we all whip our heads toward him.

"enjoy your piss?" I ask, and all the girls beside y/n give a gasp.

"what? he just said piss. it means pee. do you guys not pee here?" y/n says.

"you shouldn't say that! and yes, we do, who do you think we are? the curly blonde says.

"actually, I think you'r-" she begins to say, but stops when I squeeze her hand.

"well, bye! it was nice meeting some of you." the first blonde speaks and y/n looks like she has fumes coming out of her ears.

"oh, how do I hate this town with no name, let me count the ways." she quotes and rolls her eyes as if she was trying to go as far back into her head as possible. she walks in the opposing direction as the group of girls and gives them the finger, not even checking to see if they were still looking, and to be honest, she would have liked it better if she knew they were all watching her. 

w/c: 960

omg i updated wow. also thank you so. fucking. much for 13k reads HOLY CRAP!!! i really try my hardest to update but school's hitting me like a tonne of bricks. yet everyday i login and i try and thank everybody personally for voting, and following, and complementing my book, to me that is my favourite thing to see when i login- comments and people who genuinely enjoy my book.

thank you <33