xiv → le bureau.

^^ fuck i've fallen in love with this song

~

Finn flashed me a smile.

"Oh, but you've got it all wrong,"

~

FINN'S POV

"What's that supposed to mean?" she finally asked me after a long silence.

"It means..." I started, "that you think that my brother doesn't like you,"

"Well, I mean I didn't say t-"

"Do you wanna hear what I meant or not?" I smiled and she smirked back at me, telling me 'yes' with her eyes. "The truth is, Nick and I... well, we had a talk before you came in and visited. I asked him if you were coming to visit and he said he really wanted you to,"

"Why?" she said, confused. "Why me?  Why not your friends, your family? What's so great about me?"

I wanted to say 'because I love you', but then I decided that this wasn't the right time, so I swallowed the thought.

"Because you make me feel safe," I said, "I like having conversations with you, and talking about your day, and seeing you. It makes me feel really happy,"

"But what else did Nick say to you?"

I touched her arm, "well... he said that he sees the way we look at each other, and he said that he thinks you're kind and selfless, but you still have confidence in you and me. He thinks you're a real keeper," I said mimicking the tone of voice in which Nick said it in, and she laughed. I looked back up at her, "he made me promise never to hurt you, which to be completely honest, was a promise I made to myself a long time ago," I confessed, "if I hurt you I would kick myself over and over, and I mean it," I said, drawing figure eights with my thumb on her arm.

I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks and my ears, and I think y/n could see that too.

"You're fucking adorable, you know?" she chuckled.

"gAAAAAh, stAP it," I screeched, "you're adorable,"

The room was lousy with butterflies creeping up our stomachs. We both sat in silence. Side by side, with her head on my shoulder, and her hand in mine.

And I wouldn't trade this moment for the world.

"I don't want to leave now," she whined.

I looked down at her cheeks squished together by my shoulder, "where do you have to go?"

"School," she groaned.

"Sorry," I said, "do you have to go? You could always stay here with me,"

"Well, I mean unless I want the police to be called on me for a missing child, then no," she realized, "But I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay," I smiled. She pecked me on the lips before taking her bag from the hospital floor and heading to the door, "bye," I said.

"Bye," she said, waving at the door.

"It was because I love you," I said out of nowhere.

"What?" she asked, dumbfounded.

I sighed, "when you asked me why I wanted you to come, and not anyone else," I said, "it's because I love you," I finished, twiddling my thumbs in my lap. I could hear her light footsteps near towards me.

She tilted my chin up towards her, "I love you, too," she said, kissing my cheek softly, and then pulling away, "we need to stop meeting like this,"

"Yeah, I know," I acknowledged. 

Y/N'S POV

I tried to sneakily make my way into my first period class, which I was also at least 20 minutes late for.

"Y/n, you're late," my overpaid (and also quite terrifying) teacher, Mrs. Waldman decided to notify me.

"I know, I'm really sorry," I said, playing innocent. I learned the hard way not to get on her nerves.

"And since you've done so much as to interrupt the class, you must have a excellent excuse this time, don't you?" she snapped, "because you've had great ones in the past," she smirked. Usually the truth couldn't get me out of this mess, but now, maybe she'll feel some remorse. I thought.

"Actually, I was at the hospital. So next time you decide to accuse me of doing something you did, you might want to remember that I was at the hospital because someone got into a very, very bad car crash, and all you've been doing is throwing me under the bus, per usual,"

"Why don't you tell us how this person is related to you?" heads around the room snapped towards me.

"Look, I don't know what you want from me, but I'd rather keep that information private to protect the identities of him and his family, thanks," I said, thinking about what would happen if I told my whole class of 24 who was in the hospital.

"You've laid this out perfectly, remember, we are in English class, and we do analyze text using the given information," she said, making a list on the board. Why can't this woman just let me sit down? "There's a boy, like you said, he's obviously injured from a car crash, but then again is he driving or is he being hit? "

"Look, I really don't see why all of this is impor-"

"You will be called on if you raise your hand," she growled, "and from my assumptions, he is not your family because you said that you wanted to protect 'the identities of him and his family,"

But there's one thing I forgot,

this class wasn't just full of people I don't know,

no, there's one person in this room that knows exactly what's going on,

a girl with platinum blond hair, artificially curled to her waist,

with so-ripped-jeans-they-weren't-even-jeans,

a girl that I swore I was never going to get into trouble with again.

a girl that raised her hand.

"Mrs. Waldman!? I know exactly who's in the hospital," she looked at me with a toothy smile.

"Now, this is why I love Evie, Miss y/l/n," she chuckled, "yes, what is it- or should I say who?"

"It's Finn Wolfhard, at (hospital name), room 206," she confessed and I froze, "and the only reason she's late is because they were busy making out," Evie answered, making kissy noises.

"Evie you sound like an 8-year-," I tried to say.

"Is this true?" Mrs. Waldman asked.

"The only reason you weren't at school for a week is because you lied to me about your drama, everything!" I half yelled, "your friends never told your followers you were gonna kill yourself, it was all a lie,"

"I hurt myself, y/n! I have scars!"

"Even an idiot would know those aren't scars from a knife, you got those when you were 6-years-old, you were riding your bike and you scraped your arm on a sharp wire sticking out," I said, "I was there,"

"Y/n y/l/n! Go to the office right now," Mrs. Waldman growled. I knew best to keep my mouth shut because I knew I was in enough trouble as it is.

teachers never believe the right person. I thought.

maybe that would change.

~

w/c: 1122

a/n: um the second half of this chapter sorta fell apart lol sorry about that, but the first half is great i guess(?)